Company: West Indian Ocean Cable Company
Reporting Line: NOC Manager
Job Objective: Provide first level support for customers, resolve incidents, identify problems through pro-active monitoring and manage planned engineer works.
- Interface with customers for service assurance and service delivery queries, achieving high levels of customer satisfaction
- Proactively monitor alarm management systems for events, create, own and manage trouble tickets to successful resolution.
- Supplier incident management
- Incident management, trouble shooting and resolution of first level technical issues
- Ensure all service tickets have correct closure data
- Assist Service Managers as required and produce reason for outage reports
- Assist with planned engineering works, including service impact analysis and customer notifications
- Identify service concerns, issues, challenges and escalate to TAC and management
- Maintain accurate records, assist with auditing and data cleansing as directed
- Assist Service Delivery to configure & activate services / restoration as directed
- Field operations as required (installation, patching, troubleshooting, testing, inventory)
- Assist with creation of ad hoc reports as needed
- Assist other departments and perform various projects as needed
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in a related field
- Knowledge of various platforms around SDH, Data (Ethernet, IP/MPLS).
- Effective written and verbal communications skills
- Knowledge of at least one trouble ticket system, NetSuite desirable
- Excellent communications and soft skills, including ability to listen to and summarize and concisely share key information with customers
- Demonstrate ability to manage multiple priorities and solve problems in a fast paced environment
- Customer focused, relationship builder
- Integrity, honest with high ethical standards
- Boundless, passionate and flexible
- Personnel excellence, accuracy and attention to detail
- Collaborative, achieve results through teamwork and partnerships
- Strong analytical skills and able to collate and interpret data from various sources
- Good English language communicator with a natural aptitude for dealing with people
- Good network diagnostic skills
- Willing to work on a 24/7 shift including nights, week-ends and public holidays / on-call as required
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.