Feb 2016 Norwegian Refugee Council Finance Officer Job in Nairobi Kenya
Job Recruitment : Finance Officer Employment Vacancy
Job Description : Norwegian Refugee Council Career Opportunity
Ref. No.: 2964499408
NRC’s Horn of Africa operation comprises of large-scale multi-country humanitarian and early recovery interventions spread across eight countries (Kenya, Somalia, Ethiopia, Djibouti, and Yemen), and most recently Eritrea, Uganda and South Sudan.
The Finance Officer is responsible for generating and consolidating financial reports from all field offices.
The position holder reports to the Finance Manager- Kenya
- Ensure adherence to Financial Handbook, other NRC policies and donor requirements
- Review bank account and cashbox reconciliations for the country office
- Review bank reconciliation statements and vouchers from the Field Offices to ensure that they are executed according to the Financial Handbook and other requirements, and give relevant feedback to the Field Offices
- Prepare the financial Project Summary
- Ensure proper filing of documents and transactions both from the field and country office.
- Distribute information and reports as required
- Train and develop financial team
- Review of payment vouchers to ensure coding of transactions and supporting documents is correct before posting to the financial system.
- Assist the Finance Manager in Preparation of financial reports and budget reviews.
- Focal person for all internal and external audits
- Degree in Financial Management and accounting related qualification.
- Certified Public Accountant of Kenya CPA 11 or ACCA.
- Experience from working as a Finance Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge of Agresso financial system will be an added advantage
- Some knowledge of English
Education Level: College / University, Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to interpret donor regulations an all context of grant management and transactions;
- Wide knowledge of the NGO operations, internal strategy and the dynamics of development sector and donor business processes;
- Attention to policy and practice detail;
- Knowledge of development programming skills and program evaluation and impact measurement
- Knowledge of developing and building partnerships;
- Understanding of the Kenyan environment and the context of development sector program implementation;
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent concept presentation and general report writing skills;
- Excellent facilitative, supervisory/coaching skills;
- Excellent computer skills with hands on experience on computerized accounting systems; and Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
How to Apply
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.