Employment Vacancy at ICRHK for Office Director in Mombasa Kenya May 2016
Job Recruitment : Office Director Employment Vacancy
Career Opportunity : Office Director Job Description
The International Centre for Reproductive Health – Kenya (ICRHK) works in the area of sexual and reproductive health for general population, Key Populations (KPs) and gender based violence and human rights programs.
We invite applications for the following position;
Office Director – Mombasa
Reporting to the Country Director, the Office Director will manage the research process and Mombasa office operations for ICRHK.
S/he will be responsible for promoting the capabilities of the research team and ensuring research productivity.
S/he will provide overall leadership and management of Mombasa office.
Key Areas of Accountability
As a member of the ICRHK Senior Management Team, contribute to strategic and operational development and delivery of programs at ICRHK.
Deliver transformational change at the country level
- To manage and implement the new operating model for the country ICRHK, with the support and participation of the Country Director.
- To engage ICRHK staff, partners and other stakeholders to create real shared ownership and collaboration.
- To create an environment of continuous learning, where staff are encouraged and supported to grow and develop and are willing to be held accountable for their commitments.
- To ensure that the focus of the organisation remains on the SRH and emerging topical issues.
- To develop and implement tools for the quantitative monitoring of the growth strategy: dashboards, surveys, indicators.
- To implement the necessary processes to measure performance against key indicators and member’s satisfaction, monitoring levels and taking corrective action to ensure ongoing, measurable improvement of the Mombasa Office.
- To lead on preparation and deployment of Country Office communication, internally and externally.
- To support the Country Director on promoting a culture that is inclusive and welcoming.
Country Office Oversight, including
- To supervise Mombasa office operations.
- To develop and maintain efficient and effective operating systems, and ensure compliance with ICRHK and Donor requirements.
- To develop and coach staff to optimise their potential in pursuit of ICRHK objectives.
- To contribute global knowledge and learning in ICRHK.
- Role modelling and leading the way on the new values and ways of working.
- To ensure the country operational plan (including budget) and annual report is produced, with full participation of all staff and ensure it is of high quality and submitted on time.
- To ensure quarterly progress reports, annual report and plan is submitted to the national offices as required.
Country Program Development
- To oversee the new business development, including:
- Developing funding strategies and grant proposals.
- Developing country annual planning and project plans development.
- Running the pipeline committee.
- To contribute to the growing of the country programme to become the leading NGO addressing SRH issues in Kenya.
Country Program Representation
- Deputize for the Country Director at external meetings with Government, donors and other stakeholders in Kenya, the region and internationally when required.
- Deputize for the Country Director in his/her absence.
- Other duties as assigned by the Country Director.
- Regularly updates and produces visibility material for ICRHK.
- Develop and follow up visibility requirements of donors.
- Define the main target groups, activities, resources and partnerships needed to develop an external communication strategy.
Skills and Behaviours
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving results together with target populations
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Creates a managerial environment to lead, enable and maintain our edge on SRH issues
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for self and team, takes responsibility for own personal development and encourages team to do the same
- Widely shares personal vision for ICRHK and motivates others
- Future oriented, thinks strategically and on a global scale
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with own team, colleagues, members, donors and partners
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
Qualifications and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in medicine, social sciences with Master degree in public health or other health related if bachelor degree is not in medicine.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in a senior leadership role working in an NGO.
- Proven experience of building, leading and developing a team of senior staff with different backgrounds and expertise.
- Proven experience in program development and good knowledge of donors (including multilateral, institutional & corporates) and context in Kenya.
- Proven experience leading change in an organisation which has led to considerable results for the organisation and its stakeholders.
- Track record of building personal networks at a senior level, resulting in securing new opportunities for the organisation.
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy-in.
- Solid, hands-on, research experience in sexual and reproductive health
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
- Proficient in all qualitative and quantitative research designs, data collection methods, and types of research required.
- Strong skills and expertise in planning, financial and budget management as well as people management.
- Good understanding of operational, financial and support services management processes.
- Good understanding of key trends in Health development.
- Microsoft Office, word processing, spreadsheets, Internet software, E-mail, Database software, proficiency in statistical software (SPSS).
- Strong public speaking ability
How to Apply
Applicants must upload their application letter, an up-to-date CV with names and addresses of three referees and telephone contacts and the bio data form (Click HERE to download) on the ICRHK job application portal HERE by 8th June 2016, 5pm.
ICRHK is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from appropriately qualified people from all sections of the community.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)