Career Vacancy for Chief Executive Officer at Kenya Veterinary Board in Nairobi May 2016
Job Recruitment : Chief Executive Officer Employment Vacancy
Career Opportunity : Chief Executive Officer Job Description
The Kenya Veterinary Board (KVB) is a Statutory Board overseeing the training, practice, registration and licensing of veterinary surgeons and veterinary paraprofessionals and for matters relating to animal health and animal welfare as mandated by the Veterinary Surgeons and Veterinary Paraprofessionals Act, Cap 366.
The Board is seeking to engage an experienced and highly motivated person to fill the position of a Chief Executive Officer who will be based in Nairobi.
The position will be for a three year contract period renewable once subject to performance.
The successful candidate shall be offered a competitive remuneration package in accordance with State Corporations Advisory Committee (SCAC) guidelines.
Job Description: Reporting to the Board, the Chief Executive Officer will provide dynamic leadership to the Board and be responsible for the day to day operations.
The CEO will be the Secretary to the Board and the Registrar.
Main duties will entail:-
- Formulation and dissemination of Board policies, programs and strategic plan
- Coordinating the implementation of the Kenya Veterinary Board’s strategic plans and realization of its objectives
- Overseeing the preparation and implementation of the performance systems and contracts of all divisions
- Financial, administration and human resource management
- Management of transport system
- Have served in the Veterinary Services for at least fifteen (15) years, three (3) of which must have been at a senior management level;
- A Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine (BVM) Degree from a recognized institution;
- A Master’s degree in any field of Veterinary Medicine from a recognized institution. A Master’s degree in Business Administration will only be an added advantage;
- Be Registered by Kenya Veterinary Board;
- Have attended a Strategic Leadership Development Programme lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Meets all the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya;
- A certificate in computer applications; andviii). Demonstrates a thorough understanding of national goals, policies and development objectives, and ability to translate them into veterinary policies, programmes and projects.
All applicants should submit copies of clearance certificates from the following institutions:
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Criminal Investigations Department (CID)
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Interested and qualified candidates should apply and attach ten (10) copies of certificates and testimonials and detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating current position, qualifications, work experience, current remuneration and names of three referees with their telephone contacts to the address indicated below by registered post marked “CEO/1” to be received on or before 23rd June, 2016 at 4.00p.m.
ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Kenya Veterinary Board
P.O. Box 513-00605
Veterinary Research Laboratories, Kabete.
P.O. Box 513-00605 Uthiru
Telephone +254 (722) 305 253, (701)581 718
Website: www.kenyavetboard.org ,
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.