Career Vacancy for Social Responsibility Associate at Soko in Kenya August 2016
Job Recruitment : Social Responsibility Associate Employment Vacancy
Job Description : Social Responsibility Associate Career Opportunity
Sasa is Hiring
Social Responsibility Associate
About Soko: Soko is a women’s accessories brand that aims to transform the status quo of how trade is conducted with emerging markets.
We work with a network of artisan entrepreneurs across Nairobi who produce handmade jewelry from upcycled materials such as brass, bone, and horn.
Our commitment to ethical production has led to growing demand for our products buyers around the world.
As a social enterprise with a brand built on ethical production, we are building programs to increase artisans’ income and build their capacity to grow and manage their workshops.
More information about Soko can be found at www.shopsoko.com.
Summary: The role of the Programs Associate is to provide day-to-day support to Soko’s Programs department, which is responsible for:
- Developing and implementing programs to support our network of artisan entrepreneurs and ensure compliance with Soko’s ethical standards at scale;
- Building and executing our company-wide social impact strategy; and
- Securing and managing external funding to support the growth and development of our artisan network at scale.
The Programs Associate will be primarily focused on implementation and monitoring and evaluation of Soko’s artisan programs.
- Conduct program monitoring activities, including artisan surveys and workshop assessments
- Coordinate and facilitate program activities with internal stakeholders and artisans
- Manage social impact data, from initial data entry to analysis and large dataset management
- Prepare documents outlining social impact and program plans and results to be shared with internal and external stakeholders
- Identify artisan training needs and develop the content to address them
- Conduct targeted research to support development and funding of new programs (loans, workshop safety, etc.)
- Experience with program implementation and data collection, analysis, and management, preferably in an NGO or social enterprise setting
- Desire to support community work
- Good written and verbal communication skills in both English and Swahili
- Commitment to data integrity and precision
- Comfort with technology
- Team player who excels at building relationships with colleagues in a cross-departmental setting
- Willingness to regularly travel to multiple locations around greater Nairobi (e.g., Kibera, Dandora, Rongai, Kiambu, etc.)
- Entrepreneurial spirit and sense of humor
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel
- University degree with 1 – 2 years of working experience
Reports to: Director of Programs
Contract level: Standard, full-time (beginning with a three-month trial period on temporary contract)
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Start date: Immediately
Soko is an equal opportunity, anti-corruption, and affirmative action employer.
Please email a cover letter and CV to Judith@shopsoko.com, Kaye@shopsoko.com.
Email should include “Social Responsibility Associate” in the subject line.
Application deadline is 12th August 2016.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)