Grants Manager Job Opportunity at KIWASH Project in Nairobi Kenya November 2016
Jobs recruitment : KIWASH project in Kenya Nov 2016
Career opportunity : Grants Manager in Nairobi 2016
Summary of Primary Duties
- Lead in the recoverable grants cycle management in compliance with the KIWASH grants manual and grants-related sections of the project’s Field Operations Manual.
- Provide day?to?day management of the KIWASH recoverable grants program, including awards management, reporting, outreach to potential grantees, and compliance.
- Work with KIWASH embedded teams and technical specialists to devise and lead strategies to ensure broad participation in the KIWASH grants program.
- Analyze and evaluate recoverable grant applications, proposals, and procurement awards.
- Ensure post?award management in accordance with relevant regulations, including reporting and auditing in accordance with USAID and DAI policies and procedures.
- Review and approve grant-related expenses
- Provide procedural and policy guidance to program staff and grantees to ensure adherence to management policies and achievement of objectives.
- Routinely monitor grantees to ensure that funds allocated are used for specified purposes.
- Design and lead capacity building training for local organizations to ensure their proposals meet USAID regulations.
- Providing training, guidance and direction to project staff working on grants and activities
- Conduct periodic reviews of grants documentation to ensure requirements are met.
- Ensures adequate backup documentation is uploaded to relevant system according to set deadlines
- Trains, supervises, and mentors Grants and Activities Officers.
- A Masters’ degree in a relevant field.
- 8+ years of professional experience and progressive responsibility in grants or project management
- Minimum 2 years’ experience managing grants on USAID-funded projects
- Experience in the Micro-finance sector is an added advantage
- Demonstrated experience with various grant mechanisms, including grants?under?contract, fixed obligation, and in?kind grants with repayments.
- Experience supervising staff
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints
- Demonstrated report writing skills in English is required.
- An articulate individual who possesses excellent communications and personnel management skills and who can relate to people at all levels of an organization
- An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and appropriate professional image
- An extremely well organized and self-directed individual with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment, and strong operational focus
- Fluency in English is required
Reporting: The Grants Manager will report to the Financial and Administrative Manager.
Interested applicants should apply via the link,
NB: *The position is open to Kenyan Nationals Only*
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
DAI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.