Msingi Head of Strategy, Planning & Funding Job Opportunity in Kenya November 2016
Job Recruitment : Head of Strategy, Planning & Funding Employment Vacancy
Job Description : Head of Strategy, Planning & Funding Career Opportunity
Job purpose: This is a senior role for an ambitious professional to play a central role in the growth and progress of Msingi.
- Working with the Board and senior management team to further develop and update periodically Msingi’s overall strategy and long range implementation plans, as well as supporting the development of its Annual Operating Plans (AOPs).
- Supporting key corporate communications on Msingi’s strategy – such as strategy summaries, introduction documents and related content for Msingi’s website, etc.
- Developing partnerships as needed with external entities to support strategy development. This may include partnerships with key international comparator initiatives, or with independent senior advisers.
- Inputting to Msingi’s funding strategy and supporting the engagement of the Board and senior management team on this. This will involve clarifying Msingi’s long term funding requirements and identifying the type of funders to be targeted. You will work closely with Gatsby, which is responsible for initiating Msingi’s funding strategy in collaboration with the Board and senior management in the organisation’s early years.
- Leading on the development of more detailed funding proposals and supporting the negotiation of final agreements and terms with new funders.
- You will be a senior individual with a good understanding of flexible markets development initiatives, and experience working both in the private sector and with donors.
- The following experience is preferred:
- A minimum of 10 years’ relevant experience, with a focus on strategy, corporate planning and fundraising roles.
- A university degree (ideally a Masters) from a recognised institution. Working within high quality market systems or M4P programmes.
- Working in or with the private sector, and understanding business fundamentals and commercial analysis.
- Working directly with large donors within international development.
- Fundraising, partnership building or business development – including presenting and selling a vision, developing proposals, supporting negotiations, identifying and mitigating relationship risks, and finalising agreements.
- Working with or in East African markets.
- Engaging and managing a complex range of senior stakeholders across different cultures and geographies.
- Working in a highly dynamic organisational environment.
- An ability to think strategically and critically – bringing strong analytical skills and imagination to solving problems with substantial complexity and ambiguity.
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate complex issues with clarity and structure, and to deliver documents to the highest levels of professionalism.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence: a genuine team-player with strong listening, negotiating and persuasive skills, and the ability to gain the trust and confidence of external and internal stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong commitment to quality and attention to detail.
- The ability to work independently, prioritising effectively across a portfolio of activities.
- A keenness and ability to be flexible, versatile and learn quickly in new or changing environments.
- Values driven, demonstrating integrity and firm ethical standards.
- A strong understanding and passion for issues and dynamics affecting East African economic development.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.