Economic Empowerment Program Officer Jobs at Shining Hope for Communities
Reports to: Program Manager
Working Hours: Monday – Friday 8.00am -5.00pm
Economic Empowerment Program Officer Job Responsibilities
- General growth and strategic expansion of the program
- Coordination, supervision and oversight of all departments in the program to ensure that targets are met within the stipulated time.
- To organize training of GSL facilitators in GSL concept; spearhead group savings & loan mobilization and raise awareness on the importance of GSL
- Identify the skill gaps and develop a capacity building plan for existing youth and women groups introduced in the employability project
- Provide monthly update reports on the projects within the department and ensure that set targets are met according to the existing timelines
- To identification, recruit and build capacity of organized groups that are enrolled in the employability project
- To work with other community organizations, groups, churches and mosques to reach the target identified of group savings and loan.
- Support economic empowerment activities implementation in job skills and employment activities as well as assisting on the ground identification of constraints and opportunities
- Support for the management and mentorship of local program staff and other partners, gradually transferring skills and capacities.
- Work with other project staff on an ongoing basis to ensure smooth planning, preparation, implementation of program activities and achievements towards the overall program goals
- In liaison with the Program Manager identify capacity gaps and opportunities to strengthen the economic empowerment and employability component of the program
- Prepare timely weekly, monthly, quarterly and end of year reports for the program
- Facilitate the development and preparation of training materials on entrepreneurship as appropriate (hand outs, curricular, presentations, manuals etc) and update existing materials in line with new recommendations and guidelines and facilitate trainings for project beneficiaries on entrepreneurship
- Self motivated, extremely organized and have the ability to function well under pressure while handling numerous tasks simultaneously
- He/she must be willing to take initiative, prioritize with minimal supervision and work independently as well as function as a member of a team
- Must have demonstrated organizational skills and excellent computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Must have good interpersonal skills, co-operative attitude and cultural sensitivity.
Qualifications for the Economic Empowerment Program Officer Job
- A bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Entrepreneurship or Economics
- 3 years post qualification experience in entrepreneurship training, business development or business project management
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send their applications together with a detailed CV to, firstname.lastname@example.org quoting their current and expected salaries. The Subject should clearly indicate the position being applied for. Applications without this information will not be considered. Applications should reach us no later than 14th December 2016. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.