Swissport Head of Regional Fleet Management (Middle East & Africa) Job at JKIA Nairobi Kenya 2016
Job Recruitment : Head of Regional Fleet Management Employment Vacancy
Job Description : Head of Regional Fleet Management Career Opportunity
Swissport is an international organisation that provides ground handling services for around 230 million passengers and 4.1 million tonnes of cargo a year on behalf of some 835 client-companies in the aviation sector.
Swissport is active at 280 airports in 48 countries on 5 continents. Swissport Kenya Limited is recruiting for the following position based at our warehouse located at Terminal 3 – Cargo Section – Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.
Job Role Summary: The Head of Regional Fleet Management is a key member of the regional headquarters management team responsible for leading the implementation, development and continuous improvement of cost effective fleet management solutions; assuring compliance with SPI mandated fleet management policy; identifying and sharing best practice and project managing the implementation of fleet management systems.
- Align with global fleet management strategies and assure regional compliance
- Develop and communicate regional plans that reflect global requirements and the vision to be the industry leader in fleet management
- Lead the regional implementation of all fleet management activities related to asset, maintenance and inventory management
- Take functional responsibility for the through life management of the all fleet assets for ramp, cargo, deicing and fueling operations
- Develop short and long term fleet replacement plans based upon business needs, equipment reliability, maintainability, cost, quality, and operational efficiency
- Maintain oversight of all related fleet management costs to ensure that total cost of equipment ownership is managed effectively through life
- Lead the development of a KPI driven performance management culture within the regional fleet management team
- Monitors operational availability of fleet assets taking proactive action to address areas of concern and SLA targets that are not met
- Reports on a regular basis to the regional management team on all KPI’s, major projects, roll out and developments
- Lead the drive to achieve outstanding preventative maintenance in order to improve equipment reliability and reduce costs
- Take ownership and development of regional fleet management Local Operating Procedures, ensuring compliance through a regular audit program
- Lead the development of lean processes that will eliminate waste and maximize efficiencies.
- Drive an ethos of continuous improvement through identifying, communicating and instilling best practice consistently across the region
- Apply Lean 5S principles to ensure that workshops, parts stores and all maintenance areas are well organized, clean, safe and efficiently functional
- Provide leadership, direction, guidance and advice to fleet functional teams to ensure full alignment, unity of purpose and help them resolve critical fleet management issues.
- Provide Procurement with feedback on equipment reliability and supplier performance in supporting equipment through life
- Collaborate with Safety on any incidents or accidents involving equipment
- Lead equipment design improvements that improve operational performance, reliability and safety
- Act as the fleet management Subject Matter Expert (SME) providing advice and guidance up, across and down the regional chain of command
- Participate in global fleet management forums and workshops to help develop the Swissport Fleet Management System
- Higher level of education, preferably Bachelor’s degree in related engineering or fleet management field
- Minimum 7 years of experience in operational fleet management roles; preferably in the aviation sector
- Previous experience as a GSE workshop manager highly desirable
- Experience in developing requirements documents, formulating plans and managing roll-outs effectively
- Experience of working in a performance management culture driven by KPIs
- Ability to work with key stakeholders in multiple locations and at various levels
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects requiring frequent communication, organization, time management and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills; clearly able to articulate position with clarity at all levels
- Results oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Self-starter with a high degree of motivation and pro-activeness
- Willingness to travel extensively across the region (50%)
Your application letter and CV Only should be forwarded via email:
The Human Resource Manager
Swissport Kenya Limited
P.O. Box 19177, 00501
Swissport as an equal opportunity employer bases its hiring decisions on the business need and the best qualified candidates available, and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
Be part of the team that is recognized worldwide for excellence and quality!
Closing Date: December 29th 2016
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.