Aug 2017 UN WFP Somalia National Programme Policy Officer NGO Job in Mogadishu
Career Opportunity: UN World Food Programme Job Description
Employment Vacancy :National Programme Policy Officer Job Recruitment
Organizational Background: The World Food Programme Somalia activities include food assistance for relief, emergency school feeding, nutrition and food assistance for assets creation through provision of in-kind and cash-based transfers.
- Contribute towards the development of a limited number of projects, plans and processes, ensuring alignment with wider programme policies;
- Provide project management support to specific and defined programmes and projects of small to moderate size that are relatively straight forward in nature, ensuring a coordinated approach with wider programmes;
- Follow data gathering and monitoring systems ensuring that rigorous quality standards are maintained;
- Research and analyse policy and operational issues to support senior colleagues in the development of policies, programmes and activities;
- Contribute to the preparation of accurate and timely reporting on programmes and activities that enable informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
- Liaise with internal counterparts to ensure effective collaboration, monitor ongoing projects;
- Support the identification, development and management of potential partnerships to collaborative working leading to improved food assistance packages;
- Support the capacity building of WFP staff, partners and national government to prepare for and respond to food assistance needs;
- Provide guidance to support staff , acting as a point of referral and assisting them with analysis and queries;
- Perform other related duties as required.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.