Sep 2017 ACDI / VOCA Business Development Specialist (Kenya REGAL-AG) NGO Job Vacancy in Marsabit
Career Opportunity: ACDI / VOCA Job Description
Employment Vacancy : Business Development Specialist Job Recruitment
Job Title: Business Development Specialist, Kenya REGAL-AG
ACDI/VOCA has established up to 36 livestock related businesses in Isiolo and Marsabit Counties through the provision of business development grants.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The business development specialist will provide technical assistance and coaching to entrepreneurs under the business development grants program, which mainly consists of micro, small and medium sized enterprises (MSME’s).
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Support Livestock enterprises established by REGAL-AG to identify and address enterprise challenges, constraints and opportunities to ensure viability and sustainability
- Assist and build the capacity of selected businesses to develop and revise their business plans accordingly, and make necessary recommendations. This will include providing technical support in the following areas.
- 1Regularly undertaking SWOT analysis; risk and competition analysis; discussing with entrepreneurs on possible modalities for governing and managing the business/investment to optimize its efficiency and effectiveness looking at its status, capacity and commercial potential as well as opportunities for creating employment opportunities in the Counties.
- 2Helping identify and expand potential markets and requirements for entrance to the market e.g. through market assessments, and developing marketing strategies that will provide enterprise growth and profitability.
- 3Facilitate the establishment of all needed linkages to ensure all enterprises are fully operations, profitable, effective and efficient in their operations
- Provide training, coaching and mentoring support to the enterprises to ensure sustainable and profitable operations.
- Facilitate enterprises networking, business to business linkage as well as strengthen their input supply chain
- Support the enterprises to acquire all necessary licenses and certifications
- Conduct monitoring and evaluation of the selected business activities and report on the same.
- Perform any other duties as required by supervisor.
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Entrepreneurship and/or Business Management.
- At least 5 years’ professional experience in developing business plans, conducting economic and/or financial analysis or other relevant areas.
- Hand-on experience in supporting enterprises to be become viable
- Experience in livestock value chain and MSME development, and similar fields will be an added advantage.
- Strong writing, analytical, presentation and reporting skills.
- Willing to travel and work in Marsabit county
How to Apply
no later than September 29, 2017.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.