October 2017 ACDI / VOCA Operations Assistant Job Recruitment in Kenya
Pursuant to its mission, ACDI/VOCA is seeking for experienced and talented professionals for the Operations Assistant positions in one of the designated counties (Garissa, Wajir and Turkana) in Kenya.
- Manage administrative, operations and procurement activities in the project and ensure that these operations are in compliance with ACDI/VOCA’s Employee Personnel Manual (EPM), Procurement Manual, USAID rules and regulations, and applicable Kenyan law;
- Address general mail deliveries for the office, including invoices, requests for information, etc.
- Monitor office equipment and maintain supply levels. Submit supply order requests as needed;
- Act as liaison to outside vendors;
- Assist with setup for new staff members and coordinates the onboarding and orientation for the field-based employees;
- Ensure the office is cleaned and well maintained;
- Ensure efficient maintenance and security of office assets.
- Ensure efficient organization and execution of events, conferences, workshops, large general meetings
- Supervise and provide day-to-day guidance to the driver and any temporary or contract workers such as cleaners, security guards, maintenance workers, etc.
- Monitor and record time and attendance for all staff – inform the HR Manager of staff leave (annual and sick) and ensure possession of required approvals;
- Maintain organized and accurate records, including the submission of payment requests for general invoices, payments, and expense reports;
- Maintain adequate Petty Cash and liquidate the balance when replenishment is required. Perform cash counts on a daily basis and report the end day balance to Finance Manager. Enter all cash transactions in cash book on a daily basis;
- Maintain and/or prepare receipts of items purchased and provide office asset information to the Procurement Manager for entering into the electronic inventory system;
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in management or related field is required
- Minimum 2 years of related experience, preferably within the international development arena.
- Good understanding and experience with USAID policies and procedures pertaining to procurement.
- Strong oral and written communication skills is required
- Must be a problem solver and self-starter. Must exercise creativity and innovation, good communication, leadership and reporting skills.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.