Employment Vacancy for Security Advisor at ACDI / VOCA in Kenya October 2017
Pursuant to its mission, ACDI/VOCA is seeking for experienced and talented professionals for the Security Advisor position. The position will be based in Nairobi and responsible for supporting security program development, coordination, implementation, and compliance monitoring.
- Manage the physical security of all ACDI/VOCA Kenya project office(s) – and residence(s) and advise on enhancements where appropriate.
- Assist in the preparation, implementation, and maintenance of the ACDI/VOCA Security Management Plan including relevant preventative and reactive protocols and procedures.
- Oversee any external security provider (i.e. guards, escort services) and oversee security provider and their performance.
- Conduct ongoing security risk assessments – both in the field and remotely – throughout the areas of implementation and advise project management on appropriate risk mitigation measures.
- Continually monitor the security environment within implementation areas and advise on programmatic accessibility.
- Ensure all security incidents are mapped and that an incident report framework is in place.
- Provide contextual security briefings, security tree testing and preparedness drills to program management.
- Provide arrival security briefings for all international visitors.
- Liaise with other NGO’s, Partner Liaison Security Operation, INSO, UN, Government, Diplomatic and security providers on security related matters.
- Foster and maintain an intelligence and information network.
- Assist in the management of emergency response communications and ensure staff awareness.
- Engage with community leaders to ensure acceptance of the ACDI/VOCA mission; access to beneficiaries; awareness of the local security environment.
- Assist in training of local drivers.
- Ensure compliance with ACDI/VOCA vehicle policy pertaining to security.
- Monitor the vehicle tracking platform.
- Monitor route safety and accessibility to implementation areas.
- Coordination of the above-mentioned activities with COP’s / Project Management.
- Be part of, and inform, the in-country security management team during times of crisis.
- Submit security and incident reports to COP’s / Project Managers and the ACDI/VOCA HQ Director of Security.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field is a must. Formal security qualifications and / or advanced security management training is essential.
- Must have at least 5 years demonstrable experience in a security advising role within International NGO community.
- Experienced in liaising with civilian, police and military government authorities.
- Experience with incident reporting, incident mapping, intelligence collation and analysis functions, set up and execution of an incident warning system (warden system), compilation of security reports and assessments.
- Strong analytical capacity.
- Willingness to work and travel in often difficult and insecure environments.
- Competency in internet and Microsoft office systems including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, access and other database/mapping systems.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken. Ability to speak Kiswahili and other local languages and added advantage
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.