Reporting to the Senior Manager Operations & Maintenance
To ensure Optimum maintenance of the primary and secondary substation equipment in order to maximize availability and utility.
Substation Electrical Plant Engineer Job Requirements
For appointment to this grade an officer must: –
- Have a Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering;
- Be a Registered Engineer with EBK;
- Be Computer Literate;
- Have Management Development Course;
- Have 10 years Working Experience
Key Tasks for the Substation Electrical Plant Engineer Job
- Carrying out routine inspection of substation equipment;
- Condition monitoring of substations equipment;
- Scheduling of primary and auxiliary equipment maintenance & outage planning;
- Undertaking repairs and maintenance of substation primary and auxiliary equipment;
- Preparation of work plans for substation maintenance works;
- Performing switch operations and isolations as per approved procedures;
- Investigation of system faults, disturbances, failures and correction of the same;
- Inspection of completed substation projects and participating in commissioning.
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
How to Apply
In addition to the above, successful candidates for position one (1) will be expected to:-
Fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya. Specifically, they must obtain and submit with their application copies of clearance certificates from the following organizations: –
- Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Higher Education Loans Board where applicable;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
- Criminal Investigation Department (Certificate of Good Conduct);
- A certificate from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
Candidates who meet the requirements should submit their applications so as to reach the address shown below (clearly stating the reference in the letter and on the envelope) by close of business on 19th January, 2018 at 4.30pm.
Applications to include CVs with details of day time contacts, current and expected salary, notice period required to take up appointment, names and contacts of three referees. Applicants must also attach copies of all Certificates/Testimonials, and copy of National ID/Passport addressed to:-
The Managing Director,
Kenya Electricity Transmission Company Limited,
KAWI COMPLEX, 4th Floor,
Popo Lane, South C, off Red Cross Road,
P.O. Box 34942 – 00100,
Terms Of Service And Remuneration
The appointment to all the positions except No.16 will be on permanent and pensionable terms.
The successful candidates for the positions will be offered competitive remuneration package in accordance with the Company guidelines.
KETRACO is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applications without the relevant qualifications, copies of documents/details as sought for will not be considered. Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.