Logistics Business Support Assistant Job at United Nations World Food Programme
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The World Food Programme Somalia activities include food assistance for relief, emergency school feeding, nutrition and food assistance for assets creation through provision of in-kind and cash-based transfers.
This position is open to qualified Somali candidates only. Female candidates in particular, are encouraged to apply.
Logistics Business Support Assistant Job Duties and Responsibility:
Under the direct supervision of the Logistics Officer and the overall supervision of the Head of Area Office, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- Assess structure and capacity of the local retail sector to deliver in-direct food assistance both in regular and emergency operations;
- Ensure early warning and risk assessment of supply, supply chain mapping, market capacity and elasticity, drivers of change and risk;
- Network with supply chain stakeholders to validate collected data on supply chain, and market and supply corridor alerts;
- Build and develop productive relationships with the retail network in locations with active WFP contracted retailers;
- Manage and resolve complaints, concerns and provide feedback from WFP contracted retailers;
- Manage and assess retailers’ performance against key performance indicator targets;
- Control and build retailers’ capacity on food storage and handling techniques, pest management and rodent control as required;
- Coordinate with other key units at the Country Office and Area Office as required to ensure successful retail delivery;
- Perform other related tasks as required.
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary secondary training or certificate in Logistics, Supply Chain management, Business Administration, Economics, Procurement or other related field is desirable. Proven knowledge and experience in using computer software is desirable.
Experience: At least three years of progressively responsible in logistics operations including at least two years of relevant experience in cash-based transfers across the programme life cycle including trade, logistics capacity assessments, vendor relationship management, risk identification and mitigation measures.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Somali is a requirement.
- Sound knowledge in innovative developments in cash-based transfers technologies and retail engagement strategies;
- Demonstrated experience in retailer onboarding process, retailer relationship management and supply chain and corridor monitoring;
- Demonstrated ability to work with different teams;
- Experience in data management and analysis
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit online applications through E-Recruitment.
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.