Aviation Solutions Manager Job at International Air Transport Association (IATA)
The International Air Transport Association (IATA) is the trade association for the world’s airlines, representing some 240 airlines or 84% of total air traffic. We support many areas of aviation activity and help formulate industry policy on critical aviation issues. IATA’s mission is to represent, lead, and serve the airline industry. We help airlines to operate safely, securely, efficiently, and economically under clearly defined rules. Professional support is provided to all industry stakeholders with a wide range of products and expert services.
Reporting to the Area Manager Eastern Africa, the incumbent will be responsible for the sales of IATA’s commercial services and products in Eastern Africa to existing and potential new customers.
Aviation Solutions Manager Job Job Responsibilities
- Developing relationships with non-Member airlines in the countries assigned and makeing them aware of the services and products IATA can offer to them;
- Providing customers value-added solutions with professionalism and sound industrial knowledge;
- Identifying new customers for IATA products and services;
- Monitoring the market, selected customer profiles, competition trends and behaviors for own target category and preparing sales plan for own target category as part of the regional sales plan;
- Working together with the regional and global product specialists, divisional, marketing and product management to fulfil the customer needs in the best possible way;
- Plan, execute and report on sales activities through global tool;
- Supporting new product sales;
- Supporting other Eastern African activities.
Qualifications for the Aviation Solutions Manager Job
- University degree in business administration, marketing, economics or other relevant discipline;
- 8-10 years’ experience in an international sales function, experience in the aviation industry is a prerequisite;
- Relevant experience in project management, account management and consulting is a distinct advantage;
- Excellent communication skills (aptitude to explain concepts over the phone); ability to deal with a wide range of clients worldwide and professionally address any level of management;
- Highly motivated self-starter (strong initiative) team player and possesses multi-cultural awareness;
- Strong organizational skills, results oriented; proactive/positive attitude;
- Ability to travel;
- IT skills, particularly MS Office Suite and MS Project as well as familiarity with databases and CRM tools;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of another language would be a definite asset.
At the heart of IATA are our Values and Behaviors. We all have different personalities, styles and areas of expertise, but you’ll recognize us by the consistent way we act and behave in line with our Values and Behaviors. We are looking for people who bring them to life in everything they do – they are:
- Act with integrity and uphold our standards
- Think strategically in support of the global big picture
- Partner and manage to create high performing teams
- Putting people first by acting with a simple human touch
Here at IATA we are proud of being a Diverse & Inclusive Organization – we have people from all over the world working in our offices, and we extend this to our recruiting practices. We are a meritocratic organization and an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.