Director, Standards Development & Trade Job at Kenya Bureau of Standards
The Kenya Bureau of Standards (KEBS) has remained the premier government agency for the provision of Standards, Metrology and Conformity Assessment (SMCA) services since its inception in 1974. Over that period its main activities have grown from the development of standards and quality control for a limited number of locally made products in the 1970s to the provision of more comprehensive Standards development, Metrology, Conformity Assessment, Training and Certification services.
Reporting to the Managing Director
JOB No: KEBS/HR_JOB/2018_1
Roles for the Director, Standards Development & Trade Job
- Providing strategic leadership in regional and international standardization, education in standardization and system certification activities;
- Overseeing the management of standards development, education in standardization and system certification processes by providing strategic leadership and resources;
- Guiding prioritization of requests for development of standards through analysis of requests in Standards Projects Committee (SPC) meetings;
- Coordinating the preparation of the documents required for the presentation of final draft Kenya standards to the National Standards Council for approval as Kenya standards;
- Coordinating requests for review, development and dissemination of standards by reviewing and allocating received requests to line managers;
- Preparing and submit all monthly, quarterly and annual reports;
- Developing work plans, budgets and managing resources.
Director, Standards Development & Trade Job Qualifications
- KCSE C+ and above;
- Recognized Bachelor’s degree in related field;
- Recognized relevant Master’s degree;
- Professional qualification and membership where applicable;
- A minimum period of twelve (12) years on relevant work with at least eight (8) years experience in a senior managerial capacity;
- Supervisory course lasting not less than two (2) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Leadership course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Project management from a recognized institution;
- Quality Management best practices (Lead Auditor/Assessor);
- Demonstrated competence in work performance;
- Fulfilling the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
How to Apply
All applications from interested and qualified candidates must be submitted online.
All Applications must be received on or before 21st September, 2018 at 5:00PM.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Short listed candidates will be required to submit their HELB, KRA, EACC, Credit Reference and Good Conduct certificates. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
NB: Any academic certificate acquired from foreign Institutions MUST be accompanied with a recognition certificate from Commissioner of University Education Kenya.
Qualified registered persons with disability and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.