Managing Director Job at Co-operative Bank
Are you looking for an employer who promotes individual excellence and mutual respect in a team-driven culture with a key focus on social empowerment? The Co-operative Bank Kenya, “the kingdom bank” is the place for those looking to the new horizons.
Our mission is to offer value-added financial services to our chosen market segments with special emphasis on the co-operative movement through a highly effective network of service points, excellent customer service and a highly motivated team of qualified personnel.
It is against this background that we are looking to recruit a highly motivated and self-driven professional to join the team as Managing Director for Kingdom Securities Limited, a subsidiary of The Co-operative Bank Group.
The job holder will be expected to provide transformational and business leadership to Kingdom Securities Limited (KSL) which is a subsidiary of the Bank providing stockbroking services and to position KSL as the leading stockbroker in Kenya. This is a high profile role that requires a seasoned, result oriented business leader with excellent leadership and commercial acumen abilities.
Managing Director Job Responsibilities
- Drive and achieve Kingdom Security Limited’s profitability objectives through strategies and innovative tactics to ensure superior business performance and significantly increase the Bank’s market share in the stock brokerage business
- Establish a strong corporate/institutional client base by establishing mutually profitable partnerships with leading Fund Managers, Insurance Companies, Banks and Parastatals for solid business growth in the corporate and institutional trading and advisory services.
- Fully utilize the strong retail business networks in the Bank to drive business and aggressively grow revenues for the organization.
- Grow the customer base of the company through aggressive customer acquisition of private and institutional customers and leveraging on the branch network and the captive Co-operative sector.
- Build the company’s transaction advisory capacity and business through participating in new listings coming into the market whilst continuing to scale up the research capabilities in the organization for in-depth market data analytics and trends.
- Lead the team in providing distinctive customer experience to all potential and current KSL customers to ensure mutually beneficial relationship management for enhanced customer retention
- Enhance the efficiency and establishment of internal operational controls and ensuring that the Company operates within all compliance, statutory and regulatory requirements e.g. Nairobi Stock Exchange, Company Act and CMA regulations just to name a few.
- Ensure prudent management of the financial assets of the subsidiary to facilitate optimization of returns.
Qualifications for the Managing Director Job
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance and other related fields. A strong preference for an MBA or other relevant advanced degree preferably a Business related field.
- Professional Certification- Certified Financial Analyst or a relevant financial professional certification.
- A minimum of 10 years demonstrated experience in Investment Banking in a Senior Management position. Experience in a multi sector private equity or private equity transaction advisory will also be considered.
- Emerging market experience.
- Personal Attributes & Skills required in undertaking the role
- Excellent leadership skills, including experience managing investment professionals and with a strong team orientation.
- Working understanding of the regulatory framework i.e. Nairobi Stock Exchange, Capital Markets Authority and the Central Depository System Corporation.
- Experience in the Capital Markets Product Structuring and Trading.
- Experience in preparation and presentation of investment reports and proposals as well as Asset Management.
- Strong business acumen in modern investment techniques and experience working with complex financial models.
- Specialist knowledge of investment analysis and portfolio management process.
- Excellent qualitative and quantitative analytical skills.
- A sound knowledge in the field of Corporate Finance and asset management.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Impeccable communication and report writing skills.
How to Apply
If you meet the role, qualifications and person profile and you are interested in taking on an exciting opportunity to add value to your career, send your detailed Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com by 14th September, 2018. Please quote this reference on your application and on the subject line of your email as KSL/HRD/2018.
We are an equal opportunity employer
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.