Career Opportunity : Kenya Revenue Authority Job Description
Employment Vacancy : Commissioner of Customs & Border Control Job Recruitment
Kenya Revenue Authority
Recruitment for Commissioner of Customs & Border Control
Kenya Revenue Authority ¡s the principal revenue collector for the Government of Kenya, with the primary goal of delivering Kenya to financial self-sufficiency through effective tax revenue mobilization.
In pursuit of our goal, we seek to recruit a Commissioner responsible for Customs & Border Control whose key mandates among others, are to:
- Implement strategies to effectively control cross border movement of goods and to interdict trafficking in illicit and harmful products.
- Implement strategies to promote efficient cross border movement of goods in line with Kenya’s stated international trade goals.
- Implement strategies to effectively collect revenue due from cross border trading activities and to counter tax evasion.
- Manage departmental resources and budgets.
- Manage and motivate staff to deliver high impact performance.
Applicants must possess the following minimum qualifications:
- University Degree in Business, Economics, Fiscal Management, Law, Security Management or related fields.
- Fifteen (15) years experience in Customs or Security Management operations, at least ten (10) of which must be in middle and senior management levels.
- Strong appreciation of Customs practice, operations and reform agenda.
- Knowledge of National Security management strategies and requirements.
- Masters Degree in the relevant fields shall confer added advantage.
- Candidates should demonstrate strong leadership, team building and communications skills.
This is a key position open to persons with the relevant exposure and experience. It should interest those with a passion for success and who aspire to make discernible change that positively impacts Kenya and its people.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo corruption and security background vetting in accordance with KRA and Government procedures. Candidates interested in the position should apply in the prescribed format on or before Monday, 12th November 2018.
Applications shall be made through KRA’s electronic portal only. To apply, log onto https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login and follow the instructions provided, detailing the application process.
For more details on the application procedure, please visit the KRA website www..kra.go.ke under careers section. In case of difficulty accessing or completing the application, applicants may send email queries to iSupporthr@kra.go.ke or call 020 281 7024 during working hours.
Candidates are advised against any form of canvassing as this will lead to automatic disqualification.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.