Career Opportunity : Sanergy Kenya Job Description
Employment Vacancy : Assistant Government Relations Officer Job Recruitment
Sanergy is an award-winning social venture that builds healthy, prosperous communities by making hygienic sanitation accessible and affordable in Africa’s urban informal settlements.
Our systems-based approach to solving the sanitation crisis involves five key steps: we build a dense network of low-cost, high-quality waterless sanitation facilities – called Fresh Life Toilets.
We franchise the toilets to community residents, who run them as commercial toilets; landlords, who offer them as a value-added service to their tenants; and schools, to ensure children always have access to a safe sanitation option.
We provide critical support services – such as access to finance, business analytics, training and aspirational marketing and branding. We collect the waste regularly and safely remove it from the community for treatment. We convert the waste into valuable end products, such as organic fertilizer and insect-based animal protein, which we sell to Kenyan farms.
We launched our first toilet in November 2011, and we now have a network of over 600 active Fresh Life Toilets run by over 300 Fresh Life Operators. We have collected and converted over 7,800 tons of waste. At the same time, we have built a team of over 250 people.
For our work, we have been recognized by Fast Company as one of the 10 Most Innovative Companies in the World Doing Social Good and one of the 10 Best Companies in Africa.
We are an increasingly sophisticated, highly intricate organization with many moving parts.
Sanergy seeks accomplished, driven individuals who will make substantive contributions to the organization.
We currently seek an Assistant Government Relations Officer who will work in our Government Relations department:
This is a field based job and you will be spending 90% of your time working in the informal settlements and involves a lot of walking.
Minimum 3 years post graduate work experience in informal settlement/government engagement/social enterprise context.
Degree in relevant social sciences.
Good writing skills. Ability to use Microsoft Office programs (MS. Word, MS. Excel, etc.)
An understanding of the dynamics in informal settlements.
Knowledge of Government Structures, both National and County Government.
Having worked in compliance related environment and understanding Government Legislation is an added advantage
- Oral communication and interpersonal skills to present Fresh Life work in various meetings.
- Creative problem-solving skills and proactiveness.
- Strong understanding of government relations and experience in building and maintaining relationships with different stakeholders.
- Proven experience in lobbying government and working with informal communities is highly desirable.
Qualities you’ll need to fit in well with the Sanergy-Stars
- A collaborative spirit that compels you to work beyond your team
- A desire to understand and serve customers
- A willingness to embrace diversity, integrity, and empathy
- An innovative approach to assessing and testing new ideas
- An enthusiasm to achieve set targets and improve yourself professionally
Clearly indicating your available start state, your resume/CV and cover letter by 30th November, 2018.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.