Career Opportunity : Agriterra Kenya Job Description
Employment Vacancy : Finance & Administration Officer Job Recruitment
Farmer common sense in business
For inspiring and creative professionals
with a passion for cooperatives
focused on impact
We are Agriterra Kenya. We are a fully owned subsidiary of Agriterra, a Dutch agri-agency that provides business development services to ambitious cooperatives and farmer organisations in developing and emerging economies.
We assist the cooperative and farmer organisations with advice and training by locally based business advisors and by deploying practitioners from the Dutch and international farmer organisations and (cooperative) companies; the so-called AgriPool experts.
We apply a three-track approach: we make cooperatives bankable and create real farmer-led companies, we improve extension services to farmer members and we enhance farmer-government dialogues. Our advisory practice covers the full range of services on Management & Organisation, Financial Management, Governance, Business Development and Lobby & Advocacy.
Agriterra works from local offices in many countries. We work with self-steering teams, so our employees are challenged to use every bit of determination, creativity and strategy to achieve our compelling goals. Being a self-steering organisation makes Agriterra an inspiring and challenging environment for professional growth and development.
Agriterra has an annual turnover of approximately 15 million euros, is ISO certified and has over 125 employees, both in the Netherlands and abroad.
For more information, visit our website www.agriterra.org
Agriterra Kenya is recruiting a:
Finance and Administration Officer (m/f)
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
As a finance and administration officer, you will be responsible for efficient en effective running of the logistics and administrative operations of Agriterra Kenya.
This includes the efficient handling of the financial and human resources administration in order to contribute to the company objectives.
To achieve this, your attention to detail is excellent and supporting others is your second nature.
- Monitor all financial transactions for Agriterra Kenya.
- Ensure prompt payment of invoices.
- Monitor all invoices and payments to contractors to ensure compliance to contracts and reconciliation of payments vs budgets.
- Quality check all financial transactions to ensure proper coding and recording.
- Administer the staff payroll system and file all Agriterra Kenya’s statutory returns with relevant government ministries and agencies.
- With the support of the team and coordinator, develop quarterly cash flow projections for submission to the team and HQs.
- Prepare monthly/Quarterly/annually financial statements for the company, including revenues vs. expenditures and net cash positions.
- Control of financial reports and of project audits of clients.
- Prepare the year-end financial accounts for audit and liaise with the Auditors prior to sign-off.
- Support the team in the development and submission of country financial metrics.
- Work with the team in budget preparation for new projects/missions/events.
- Develop and run ad-hoc reports as required.
- Any other financial activities which are “in line off” the previous mentioned ones
- Organise the logistic preparations for missions, events and client visits. This includes arranging transport and accommodation for staff and visitors and negotiating competitive rates when organising events.
- Assist the team with contract preparations and development in close coordination with the concerned business advisors and country representative
- Support in keeping the Agriterra Information Network up to date, generate needed overviews to keep the team planning on track.
- Maintain an up to date Human Resources file
- Where needed develop and maintain a good digital and manual filing system
- Responsible for the company IT resources
- Maintain an up to date record on the company insurances
- Any other administrative activities which are in line with the previous mentioned ones.
- A bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting from a reputable university and Certified Public Accountant (CPA Part II) designation.
- At least three years of work experience in accounting, auditing, budgeting, grant financial management, cash management or related duties.
- Knowledge of and proven experience with financial management systems, preferably Quickbooks or Exact.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in MS Office tools, mainly Microsoft Excel.
- Prior experience at a financial department of a non-governmental organisation or an international non-profit organisation is an advantage.
- Excellent verbal and written skills, interpersonal skills, flexible, cultural sensitive.
- Willing to take up additional assignments if needed
- Open mind with a supportive/service-oriented attitude.
- Willingness to travel, sometimes to remote locations within Africa.
What we have to offer
A position that requires you to be highly self-reliant and use your pioneering skills in order to operate in dynamic international markets and in close cooperation with the agricultural business sector in Kenya, East Africa and the Netherlands.
At Agriterra Kenya, the work environment is collegial and ambitious, and the focus is on achieving impact. As a finance and administrative officer, you will be working under the direct supervision of the manager agri-advice.
The working conditions and additional benefits are good.
Are you interested?
Are you interested in this position and do you fit the profile?
Apply before 30th November 2018 with a cover letter and curriculum vitae, by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
The email should be addressed to Ms Stellah Nyagah, coordinator Agriterra Kenya.
Women are also encouraged to apply.
If you require further information, you can also contact us by sending an e-mail.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.