Career Opportunity : Internal Auditor Job Description
Employment Vacancy : National Council for Law Reporting Job Recruitment
The National Council for Law Reporting is an award-winning state corporation. It is established under the National Council for Law Reporting Act, 1994.
Its mandate is:
a) To monitor and report on the development of Kenyan jurisprudence through the publication of the Kenya Law Reports;
b) To revise, consolidate and publish the Laws of Kenya under delegated authority from the Attorney General; and
c) To undertake such other related publications and perform such other functions as may be conferred by law.
The Council is Kenya’s focal point institution in providing access to public legal information. It is led by a Council of Members chaired by The Hon. Chief Justice and managed through a secretariat headed by the Chief Executive Officer /Editor. The Council’s principal office is in Nairobi.
The Council is seeking suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacancies:
Job Grade: KLR 5
Job Ref. No.: NCLR/ HR/ 2018/01
Reporting to: Functionally to the Audit Committee of the Council and administratively to the Chief Executive Office /Editor
Basic monthly salary (excluding allowances and benefits): KES. 77,527 – 103,894 pm
The key duties and responsibilities tasks for this position will include:
- Overall responsibility for performing audit procedures to verify that controls are operating through testing and interviewing techniques;
- Develop a flexible annual plan, using an appropriate risk based methodology and including any risks or control concerns identified by Management, and submit the plan to the Audit Committee for review and approval
- Implement the approved audit plan including any special tasks and projects requested by the Audit Committee, and Top Management
- Guide and lead in the investigation of significant suspected fraudulent activities within the Board and notify the CEO/Editor and the Audit Committee of the results
- Conduct regular audits (financial, regulatory, compliance or operational review/audits) to ensure effectiveness and efficiency of operations, compliance with relevant laws, policies, procedures and best practice;
- Analyzing and determining effectiveness and efficiency of control environment, both financial and operational and identification of control gaps and opportunities for improvement
- Co-ordination of work with all control related activities in the organization.
- Developing and evaluating risk management reports after review of operational processes
- Issue periodic reports to Management and the Audit Committee summarizing results of audit activities
- Prepare reports that are in line with evidence obtained and forward reports to the CEO/ Editor and the Audit Committee
- Liaise with the external auditors and regulators, as appropriate, for the purpose of providing audit coverage to Kenya Law at a reasonable overall cost;
- Follow up on the prompt implementation of external audit findings and recommendations
- Conducting special reviews and investigations as and when requested by the CEO/ Editor and the Audit Committee.
Professional Qualifications, Skills and Personal Attributes
The ideal candidate will be a citizen of Kenya who has the following minimum qualifications:
i. Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Commerce, (Accounting/Finance) Finance, Business Administration or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
ii. Be a Certified Public Accountant (CPA-K) or a Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
iii. At least Six (6) years’ experience in auditing
iv. Have IT Audit qualifications and knowledge of Computer Aided Audit Techniques
v. Demonstrable understanding of the principles and application of good corporate governance, business and operational risk and control processes and procedures.
vi. Demonstrable knowledge of audit procedures including risk driven audit planning techniques and methods used to examine, verify and analyse business and financial operations, information, records, statements and reports
vii. Excellent analytical and report-writing skills with a grasp of contemporary developments in ICT; and
viii. Strong organizational and interpersonal skills with the ability to prioritize, multi-task and work under pressure amidst competing demands.
The ideal candidate will possess the following personal qualities:
- Integrity – Excellent moral and professional standing;
- Creativity, innovation and a passion for continuous learning and development;
- Good interpersonal, team-building and communication skills; and
- Highly motivated.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Sound cross-functional knowledge is required in order to ensure that advice given has taken into account the business context of the matter.
- Strong creative, communication and interpersonal skills as the job is highly interactive.
All shortlisted candidates are required to demonstrate their compliance with Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya by providing clearance certificates from the following institutions: Higher Education Loans Board, Kenya Revenue Authority, Ethic and Anti- Corruption Commission and a Credit Reference Bureau.
THE REMUNERATION AND TERMS OF SERVICE
The position is a job in the public service within the meaning of that term in the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 and is based in Nairobi. Successful candidates will be engaged on permanent and pensionable terms of employment.
All applications are to be sent by email with the subject line being the vacancy applied to the Chairperson -Recruitment Committee on firstname.lastname@example.org
The application email should be sent in two parts/documents and it must comply with the following requirements.
The first document will contain the following information in one continuous document in portable document format (PDF), with information arranged in the following order:
a) A cover letter
b) A recent coloured passport-size photograph of oneself
c) A copy of one’s national identity card
d) A curriculum vitae setting out the following information about oneself,
i.) Name, gender, date of birth and contact
ii.) Academic and professional qualifications
iii.) A list of academic and professional certificates
iv.) Previous work experience and/or professional engagements
v.) Membership of any professional associations
vi.) Titles, dates and forum of any publications, research, academic papers, lectures, presentations etc. by the candidate
vii) The range of languages spoken, including one’s mother tongue
viii.) Any community service and social welfare activities engaged in
ix.) Names and contacts of three persons who can attest to the candidate’s academic, professional and moral standing.
The second document will be one continuous document in PDF format containing the scanned images of the most relevant academic and professional transcripts and certificates. The document size should not exceed 10MB.
The deadline for receiving the applications of interested candidates is 18th December 2018 at 1700 hrs (East African Time)
The National Council for Law Reporting is an equal-opportunity employer. In keeping with its obligations under the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 particularly Articles 22(3) and 232(h), the Council encourages eligible persons from minority groups, or marginalized communities and persons with disabilities to apply for these vacancies.
Candidates who canvass for these positions will be disqualified.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.