Career Opportunity : WE Charity Job Description
Employment Vacancy : Economic Empowerment Coordinator Job Recruitment
Job Title: Economic Empowerment Coordinator
About WE: WE is a movement that believes when we come together we can create an even better world. WE makes it easy for you to get involved – whether at home, school or work – by offering resources to help you create positive social change in your community and around the world.
Through WE Charity initiatives, WE empowers communities to lift themselves out of poverty through our holistic, sustainable international development model, WE Villages.
In Canada, the US, and the UK, WE Day and WE Schools are initiatives of WE Charity that educate and empower young people. WE Schools is a yearlong educational program that nurtures compassion in students and gives them the tools to create transformative social change. WE Day is a series of stadium-sized events that celebrate youth making a difference in their local and global communities.
ME to WE is an innovative social enterprise that provides people with better choices for a better world. We offer socially conscious and environmentally friendly products as well as life changing experiences.
ME to WE measures the bottom line not by dollars earned, but by the number of lives changed and the positive social and environmental impact made. Half of ME to WE’s net profit is donated to WE Charity. The other half is reinvested to grow the enterprise and its social mission.
WE is looking for an outstanding Economic Empowerment Coordinator.
The position will be based in Narok County, Kenya
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Mobilize the tea farmers and workers community to initiate or join a group within their communities and estates
- Ensure the implementation and success of financial literacy trainings within Kericho/Bomet region
- Manage continual follow-ups and meetings with each group.
- Be the eyes and the ears of the community and provide community expression and perspectives to your supervisors
- Create and manage timely data on all trainings conducted
- Compile timely reports to be shared with your supervisor
- Any other duties assigned to you from time to time by the management
Minimum Skills and Qualifications Required
- Diploma/Degree in community development or related field;
- 2 plus years in community work
- Ability to ride a motor bike is a MUST (Should have a valid driver’s license)
- Ability to work well with diverse teams
- Analytical skills and ability to use systems for analysis and evaluation
- A good team player with excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under Minimal supervision
WE are delighted to have you join our journey to bring about change in the world.
WE are proud and excited to have you as part of our team!
WE sincerely thank all those who will apply, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please send your cover letter and resume (indicating your current salary) to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 10th December 2018.
For more details on the organization visit: www.we.org
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.