Career Opportunity : Livestock Manager Job Description
Employment Vacancy : Livestock Manager Job Recruitment
Position: Livestock Manager
Nature of Job: Full time
Salary Range: 60K – 80K
Summary: Our client with a vast herd of livestock is looking to employ a livestock manager to head the livestock department and monitor the day to day operations and decision making of the farm. The ideal candidate will have prior experience in a busy livestock farm.
Duties and responsibility
- Reporting to the estate manager and supervising livestock foremen and headmen
- To allocate duties train and supervise employees
- To make day – to- day operational decisions
- Diagnosis and treatment for the livestock
- Guiding and supervising livestock foremen, headmen and herders on animal husbandry
- Act as Liaison Officer between consulting veterinarians
- To be responsible for health and vaccination program of the animals.
- Selection of breeding stock
- Forwarding planning of livestock supplementation which include planting of grass and fodders and Feed formulation
- Conduct monthly and annual inventory taking of all stock
- Making monthly reports; actual, year to date versus budgeted
- Make variance reports on expenditures as per the monthly management’s accounts and labour summary
- Making of annual budget proposals and discussing them with management for approval
- Monthly requisition for the department
- Carrying out practical activities such as vaccination, drenching, castration, docking etc
- Improvement of the quality of livestock through breeding programs and selections
- Establishing work schedules/programs
- Overseeing care and maintenance of all tools/equipment and machinery in use
- Designing breeding programs/ tupping programs
- Designing range improvement programs
- Maintain proper records of breeding, births, death, vaccination calendars, external sales, butcher sales, losses etc.
- Maintain proper records on all drugs and chemicals used
- Ensure that set targets are achieved at all times
- Prepare farm budget, managing the farm finances, planning production and monitoring the farm’s progress against achievement of production and profitability targets
- Manage the farm infrastructure and maintaining the farm assets
- To continuously improve quality and quantity of production.
- Apply best-practice health, safety and environmental standards across the farm;
- Provide guidance in the purchase of required farm supplies and inputs.
- Maintain and monitor the quality of silage yield;
- To understand the implications of weather patterns and make contingency plans to ensure seamless production;
- Ensuring that farm activities comply with government regulations;
- Maintain knowledge of pests and diseases and ensure the farm is kept free of these and that any contamination is addressed quickly and effectively.
- To do daily/weekly and monthly reports as required by Management
- To perform any other duty as may be assigned to you by operations manager
Farm overall K.P.I.s
- Monthly livestock reports
- Business reports
- Financial reports
- Payroll submission
- Over 5 years’ experience as a Livestock Manager
- Qualifications in Livestock management or Agriculture
- Leadership skills with ability to supervise a big team
- Good reporting skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
Apply with CV stating your skills, experience and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.