Career Vacancy : IRDO Kenya Job Description
Employment Opportunity : Nurse Counsellor Job Recruitment
Impact Research and Development Organization (IRDO) is a registered Kenyan NGO with a main office in Kisumu and regional offices in 6 counties of Kenya. IRDO’s principal mandate is to design, implement and evaluate public health research and intervention program that improve the health status of individuals and local communities.
We are looking for qualified and experienced personnel to immediately fill the following positions:
Vacancy #: IRDO/NC/IPrEP/1/2018
Job Summary: The nurse’s role will be primarily to support the clinical procedures during screening and enrolment of study participants and offer HIV testing services end referral services to study participants.
Location: Kisumu with occasional travel to the field within Kisumu County
Reporting to: Study Coordinator
Duties and Responsibilities
- Screening for study eligibility, consenting, providing HIV testing services, administering questionnaires and collecting and processing samples.
- Assessing participants for PrEP eligibility, provide adherence counselling, and perform clinical procedures.
- Working with Peer Supporters of PrEP participants to improve adherence to study procedures and retention in the study
- Perform quality improvement procedures.
Minimum Qualifications and Competencies
- Diploma in Nursing or Community Health Registered Nurse from KMTC or equivalent recognized institution.
- MUST be registered with the Nursing Council of Kenya.
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience in public or private healthcare management.
- HTS provider- trained on new algorithm and certified by NACOP (mandatory)
- Knowledge of Kenya NASCOP guidelines on PrEP provision (mandatory)
- Previous experience in research involving PrEP provision to key populations preferred.
- Proficiency in computer application packages (Ms Word. Excel, PowerPoint).
- Flexible: can work long hours, including weekends end public holidays when necessary.
How to Apply
Submit applications, complete with CV, copies of certificates and testimonials, names and day telephone numbers of two professional referees, current and expected salary, to reach the undersigned not later than 3rd January, 2019.
Remember to indicate the Vacancy Number for the position you are applying for on your envelope (if bend delivered) or in the email subject line (if application is sent via email).
The Human Resources Manager
Impact Research and Development Organization
P.O Box 9171-40141
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.