Career Vacancy : Finance Officer Job Description
Employment Opportunity : Nutrition International Job Recruitment
Nutrition International (NI)
Finance Officer – Africa
Location: Africa Regional Office, Nairobi.
Nutrition International (NI), formerly the Micronutrient Initiative, is a Canadian-based international non-governmental organization (NGO) dedicated to improving the health and nutrition of the world’s most vulnerable; especially women and children.
At Nutrition International, we believe nutrition is the difference between what could be and what never gets the chance. So, every day, we drive for better, faster ways to deliver the nutrition interventions we know work to those who need them most.
If you are interested in being part of a team that is improving the lives of millions around the world, please submit your application for the above position.
Reporting to the Senior Finance Officer, the Finance Officer is responsible for operational accounting for assigned Country Offices within NI Africa Region including review of monthly financial reports, cash flow management, all non-bank GP entries and operational payments.
Key Duties and responsibilities:
- Verification of contract budgets to ensure that they are in line with the approved budgets.
- Operational budget monitoring for assigned countries
Accounts and Program Payments
- Responsible for processing weekly batch sheet and payments for assigned Country Offices
- Review and submit the mid-month and month end financial reports of the country offices to
- Checks account coding, verifies the entry and signs off the voucher
- Verifies and processes all financial reports including bank reconciliations, petty cash reconciliations received from country offices
- Cash flow management and replenishment processing for assigned countries
- Processes procurement and service bills of suppliers, consultants and service providers.
- Processes travel expense reports/bills and other claims for the countries.
- Regularly scrutinizes the general ledger for analysis and rectification etc.
- Reviews and updates the Fixed Asset Registers for all countries within Africa Region.
- Reviews and provides travel MIS for all countries within the Region.
- Review of annual financial statements in preparation for statutory audits
- Any other specific task assigned by the supervisor.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Education / Professional Designations / Experience:
- Minimum: Bachelor’s degree in Commerce with at least five years of working experience in finance, preferably in the development sector;
- Professional qualification in accountancy(CPA 3 or ACCA)
Language Skills: Fluent in English. Knowledge of other languages spoken in countries supported by Nutrition International is an asset.
Travel Requirements: None
Other Specific Skill Requirements
- Skills in financial management and administration skills
- Superior interpersonal and people management skills
- Competent IT skills, i.e. Word, Excel advanced, and Outlook, knowledge of Great Plains will be an advantage
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Ability to work under pressure
- Multi-tasking ability with an analytical and methodical approach.
- Highest integrity, maturity and professionalism;
To apply for this position please log into https://nutritionintl.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=89
Nutrition International is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free work environment and encourages applications from all qualified individuals.
Interested candidates should submit their applications by 31st December, 2018.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those chosen to participate in the interview process will be contacted.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.