Career Vacancy : Receptionist Job Description
Employment Opportunity : ICRC Kenya Job Recruitment
ICRC Regional Delegation in Nairobi is recruiting an experienced, highly motivated and qualified person to till the position of:
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance. It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles.
The ICRC’s Regional Delegation in Nairobi co-ordinates the institution’s humanitarian activities in Kenya, Tanzania and Djibouti.
Overall Responsibility: The Receptionist is the visitors’ first point of contact. S/he welcomes and facilitates the visitors as well as handles some administrative tasks.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Welcomes visitors, provides them with information and directs them to the appropriate staff member; updates lists and tables, telephone numbers, addresses, etc.;
- Performs secretarial work (preparing entry dockets, dispatching mail, updating contacts lists, etc.;
- Cross-checks invoices related to reception;
- Clears letters/parcels to and from the post office, DHL and/or other couriers;
- Ensures adequate number of newspaper and magazine in concerned departments on time;
- Stamps the arrival date on all incoming mail;
- Registers all incoming and outgoing mail;
- Receives invoices, mails, parcels, documents and distributes to the concerned without any delay;
- Controls access in the main entrance gate of the delegation;
- Ensures security rules are applied and informs security of any incidents or problems related to security.
Minimum Requirements and Competencies
- Diploma or Certificate in front office operations; hotel management or related field from a recognized institution;
- Two years’ experience in a similar position;
- Must have completed KCSE /”O” level or its equivalent;
- Must be Computer literate;
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Kiswahili.
The interested candidates should submit their applications on or before the 31st December 2018 at 4:30 pm with the CV, motivation letter, including references details, supporting documents (Certificates, Diplomas etc) and current and expected remuneration to ICRC Nairobi Delegation, HR Department via:
The reference Receptionist must be stated in the application to be valid. If you do not clearly state the position for which you are applying & attach the required diploma & other supporting documents, your application may not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ICRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. May the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to ICRC HR Department through the recruitment contact.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.