Career Vacancy : Deputy Director Job Description
Employment Opportunity : Kenya National Library Service Job Recruitment
Kenya National Library Service (KNLS) Board which is a State Corporation in the Ministry of Sports, Culture and Heritage invites applications from suitable qualified persons for the following vacant post:
Deputy Director – Technical Services
Responsible for Public Library Division
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Deputizes the Director
2. Plans and manages operations in technical services
3. Coordinates research and performance activities of the public libraries
4. Mentoring, coaching and motivating staff
5. Provides leadership in implementation of Boards resolutions
6. Manages and budgets for library stock in terms of books, software, furniture and equipment
7. Liaises with international and National organizations on professional matters
8. Develops polices to govern library operations
9. Ensures standards are maintained in the library services
10. Ensures that optimum levels of staffing are maintained in libraries
11. Assists the Director to implement the strategic plan
12. Appraises and evaluates staff performance
13. Coordinates, plans the development of library services
14. In charge of security of information resources
15. Responsible for the maintenance of professional standards in the management of information materials.
16. Perform duties that may be assigned from time to time by Management.
Requirement for Appointment
1. Master’s Degree in Library studies/Information Science or its equivalent;
2. PHD will be an added advantage
3. Served continuously for a minimum period of 5 years’ post-graduation in Senior management in a large Library set up.
4. Demonstrated outstanding leadership, professional competence and administrative ability in the overall management of a library Function.
5. Member of Kenya Library Association (KLA) in good standing
6. Shown merit and competence in work performance and results.
7. Familiar with Government of Kenya’s Operational Procedures
8. Proven knowledge of Information Technology
9. Valid Certificate of Good Conduct
10. Other related skills and experience will be an advantage.
1. Good Communication skills
2. Good public and customer relations skills
3. Good report writing skills
4. Good management Skills
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send their application, a detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, National Identification card and testimonials from your current or previous employer by 31st December, 2018 at 5:00pm to:
Kenya National Service
P.O Box 30573-00100
Kenya National Library Service is an equal opportunity employer, women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Richard M. Atuti, OGW
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.