Career Vacancy : Internal Audit Manager Job Description
Employment Opportunity : Kenya Trade Network Agency Job Recruitment
The Kenya Trade Network Agency (KenTrade) is a State Corporation under the National Treasury whose mandate is to implement, operationalize and manage the Kenya National Electronic Single Window System (Kenya TradeNet System) as well as Trade Facilitation.
To fulfil our mandate, we wish to engage a suitably qualified candidate who meet the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Kenya Constitution for the following position:
Job Title: Manager – Internal Audit
Grade KTNA 3
Reports to: Functionally to the Board of Directors; Administratively to the Chief Executive Officer
Job Purpose: The purpose of this job is to Head the Internal Audit Department and ensure provision of independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve the Agency’s operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting functionally to the Board of Directors and administratively to the Chief Executive Officer, the duties and responsibilities for this position will entail:
1. Guide Management and the Audit Committee of the Board on the oversight role of Audit through regular Audits & reports; recommend and implement improvements to ensure appropriate control environment for risk exposures is minimized or removed.
2. Leading the development and implementation of an internal risk based audit strategy and annual Audit plan for the Agency:
3. Planning and undertaking audits to assess controls, operational and technical efficiencies and compliance with selected policies, procedures and regulations:
4. Driving operational improvements throughout the Agency to improve overall efficiencies and enhance internal controls:
5. Periodically review internal Audit Charter and Audit Committee Charter in line with the changes in the internal Audit profession and Government regulations / guidelines
6. Ensuring due diligence in the management of the Agency’s affairs.
7. Review and report to the audit committee on actions taken by Management on audit findings.
8. Provide an independent view during implementation of new projects, processes and systems to ensure their quality and compliance with the Agency’s policies and procedures for cost efficiency and ensure value for money.
9. As Secretary to the Audit Committee of the Board; organize, convene, prepare Board papers and record minutes of the Audit and Risk committee of the Agency.
1o. Monitor developments in various regulations, laws and developments that affect the Agency to ensure up to date advice.
11. Oversee the conduct of information systems audits within the Agency
12. In liaison with the Manager Finance, coordinate external audit related activities.
13. Promote the highest standards of ethics across the Agency, based on the principles of integrity, objectivity, competence and confidentiality;
14. Such other duties as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the level of responsibility of this job role.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have!
i. Master’s’ degree in a relevant field from a recognized institution
ii. Bachelor’s’ degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Systems or any other relevant degree or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
iii. Certified Public Accountants (CPA) Examination finalist Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA) finalist or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
iv. Be a member in good standing with the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK);
v. Work experience of not less than nine (9) years, with four (4) years in a management position or in a comparable position in the Public Service or other reputable organization.
vi. Have undertaken a leadership course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
vii. Have Certificate in computer applications (proof of knowledge in using computer applications)
viii. Meets all provisions of chapter six of the Constitution as outlined herein
How to Apply
Qualified and Interested candidates are requested to submit their applications Curriculum Vitae that contains details of qualifications, experience, copies of all certificates & relevant testimonials, email and telephone contacts including names, telephone and email contacts of three (3) referees who must be familiar with the candidates previous work experience.
Candidates interested in these positions are also expected to fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya Specifically, they must obtain and submit with their application, copies of the following documents;
i. Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal investigations (CID)
ii. Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
iii. Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
iv. Clearance from the Ethics & Anti-corruption Authority (EACC)
v. Clearance from a Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Please note that applications without ALL ‘the Chapter 6 requirements SHALL NOT be considered.
Applications should be addressed as detailed below and be sent by post, hand delivery or email so as to be received not later than January 07, 2019.
Board of Directors
Kenya Trade Network Agency
1st Floor, Embankment Plaza
Longonot Rd Upperhill
P.O. Box 36943-00200
KenTrade is an Equal Opportunity Employer – women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification and only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.