Career Vacancy : Declaration Officer Job Description
Employment Opportunity : Declaration Officer Job Recruitment
Job Title: Declaration Officer
- Maintain Customer focus at all times and respond to customers’ enquiries (e-mails phone and face to face) both internal and external.
- Needs to understand the full clearance procedure both airfreight and seafreight
- Bonds and their administration understanding is an added advantage.
- Work within agreed service levels in regards to preparing and making declarations of customs entries.
- Exceed productivity standards; such as overall accuracy and attention to detail.
- Take ownership of files, queries and proactively follow through to resolution in case of queries and disputes
- Ensure all customers’ queries are investigated and resolved, escalating issues if appropriate, to the Declaration Manager.
- Maintain advanced working knowledge of all declaration processes.
- communicate discrepancies/ issues to Declaration Manager when necessary
- Maintain professional working relationship with internal and external customers, customer service management, pricing and colleagues
- Perform quality assurance on work processed
- Work effectively as part of a team to achieve individual, team and departmental objectives, sharing knowledge and skills as appropriate.
- Demonstrate a positive and flexible approach to changing business priorities.
- Identify and escalate recurring or consistent problems with systems functionality and also keep a close eye on the current market trends in regards to customs and other stakeholders.
Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree / Certificate in Procurement or clearing and forwarding
- 3-5 years experience in similar role
- Must have thorough knowledge of KENTRADE Single Window, TRADEX and Orbus Systems with a usage of TRADEX and Orbus for over 3 years.
- Graduate of EACFFPC / KRATI/ KESRA.
Interested candidates are invited to strictly email their cover letter and CV, to firstname.lastname@example.org before end of day 30th January 2019.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.