Career Vacancy : Grants & Administration Officer Job Description
Employment Opportunity : Grants and Administration Officer Job Recruitment
Vacancy: Grants and Administration Officer
Job Ref: ES/GAO/2
About our client: Our client is a world-leading wildlife protection, research and conservation organisation devoted to securing a future for animals.
They are looking for a Grants and Administration Officer.
The incumbent will be based at their headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya.
The individual will work as part of a Grants & Administration team.
You’ll have excellent communication skills, meticulous attention to detail and the ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Budget management: Overseeing budgets and monthly expenditure for our active fieldwork projects and grants from both field sites and Nairobi office expenses.
- Basic Bookkeeping: Ensuring all grant accounts files are kept up to date from field officers and liaising directly with our Nairobi accounts department for receipt management. Must be comfortable managing petty cash, bank reconciliation, and producing monthly summaries for grant management.
- Reports and Applications: Work closely with Head of Program to write new grant applications and funding reports for exiting grants ensuring deadlines are met.
- Professional communicator: Help manage email communications and support for activities occurring on the current program including administration and logistics liaison with scientists, interns, journalists, sales and internal organisation’ communications.
- Donor reports: Ensure all communications needed for the Program donors, grant-giving foundations and potential supporters is professional, efficient and timely.
- Publications: Assisting with production of all project publications produced including coordinating the printing field manuals, calendars, press releases, and co-ordination of translation of publications into different languages.
- Must be a highly organised graduate, an efficient and conscientious worker with a skill in budget management
- At least three years of grants administration/bookkeeping experience and a genuine interest in conservation are essential
- Excellent working knowledge of computer applications
- Good skills in Microsoft Office
- Exceptional time management and organisational skills, and an ability to communicate effectively
- Highly motivated
Remuneration / Benefits: An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience
Send your CV in word format, with a recent photograph of yourself embedded in the top right hand corner.
Attach an application letter demonstrating how your skills, experience and qualifications are transferrable to the position.
All documentation is to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your e mail.
ONLY short listed candidates will be contacted
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.