Career Vacancy :Field Officer Job description
Employment Opportunity : Innovations for Poverty Action Job Recruitment
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA)
Position: Field Officer – SHEP-PLUS Project
Reporting To: Senior Field Officer
Start Date: 25th February 2019
Location: Kisumu, Homabay, Nyamira, Embu, Meru, Machakos, Kitui and Makueni
Duration: 3 Months
Deadline to Apply: 18th January 2019
Eligibility: Position open to local Kenyan hires only.
About Innovations for Poverty Action: Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is an international non-profit research organization dedicated to discovering and promoting effective solutions to global poverty problems.
IPA works in partnership with development partners and academic researchers to create and evaluate approaches potential solutions to poverty problems using randomized evaluations in the fields of health, education, microfinance, governance and agriculture. We also mobilize and support these decision makers to use these solutions to build better programs and policies at scale.
About the Project: SHEP PLUS (Smallholder Horticultural Empowerment Project for Local and Up-Scaling) refers to the consecutive activities for empowering smallholder horticulture farmers and agricultural extension officers.
Through the project activities, farmers are encouraged to change their mind-sets from “grow and sell,” just cultivating the crops without understanding how the agriculture products are sold in the market, to “grow to sell,” providing the products based on the market demand.
The SHEP Approach improves the motivation, knowledge and skills of farmers and agricultural extension officers for a tangible result: increased income from horticulture.
The objective of this study is to measure the impacts of SHEP PLUS on living standards of the beneficiary farmers and identify contributing factors to achieve the impacts and to analyze selection behavior of farmers, such as adopting new knowledge and skill, in terms of behavioral economics.
About the Position: The Field Officer under the general supervision of the Senior Field Officer and within the limits of Innovations for Poverty Action-Kenya policies will primarily be responsible for collection of high-quality data.
Below is a list of some of the general duties and responsibilities of the Field Officer to be carried out as needed according to the determination of the Associate Field Manager and Field Manager.
The evaluation is being conducted by IPA and will be based in eight counties: Kisumu, Homabay, Nyamira, Embu, Meru, Machakos, Kitui and Makueni.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administer surveys to farmers in their households using survey CTO. Providing feedback during debriefs on field operations and survey instruments that will inform and monitor improvements n project operations
- Develop an excellent understanding of the surveys and proactively participate in trainings and field practice sessions
- Visiting and tracking of survey respondents to administer the survey tools
- Diligent completion of checklists and other means of monitoring data
- Always Assist in organizing materials in readiness for field work and for data processing and organizing data collected from the field and ensuring safety of these materials.
- Providing feedback during debriefs on data collection activities and survey instruments that will inform and monitor improvements in project operations.
- Adhere to protocols during study activities
- Ensure data integrity is always maintained and minimize errors in survey administration
- Other duties related to project implementation and administrative tasks as needed.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma
- Age 20- 30 years
- Excellent verbal communication skills with fluency in the local languages spoken in the study areas i.e. Luo, Kisii, Embu, Kamba, Kikuyu and Meru
- Well organized, detail-oriented, excellent listening skills.
- Proven ability to exercise discretion in dealing with confidential or sensitive matters;
- Willing and able to traverse various study regions by public transport;
- Ability to work independently under supervision and as part of a team
- Ability to work comfortably in the specific study regions
- Ability to recall detail and apply existing knowledge to new situations.
- Proven capacity to be punctual and reliable.
- Capability to exercise honesty, trustworthiness and HIGH INTEGRITY.
- Ability to stay and work comfortably in the specific study counties during the data collection exercise (Added advantage to candidates who can work/fit in multiple counties).
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Field Officer- SHEP-PLUS Project. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.