Senior Production Agronomist
We are a company in Agribusiness and seeking to recruit a Senior Production Agronomist. providing leadership, expertise and advice in custom designing agronomic service programs for our clients.
Work with other consultant agronomists to ensure the company’s agribusiness projects are running efficiently as per the expectations of the company and our investor partners
Duties and Responsibilities
- Take the lead role as senior field agronomist for multiple crops in multiple geographic regions.
- Manage the productivity team of agronomists to ensure crop production in all our projects meets and exceeds company targets based on inputs from investor partners.
- Conducting feasibility studies for the implementation of agribusiness projects and Assessing the economic viability of the programmes
- Execute standard operating procedures in the crop production manual(s) for overall field crop care of specialty crop(s) in all growing regions.
- Work directly with field personnel to assist in the establishment and expansion of new crop acreage to meet seasonal production targets.
- Identify and recruit new field personnel and contract growers to diversify crops produced and production locations.
- Act as the technical liaison between the greenhouse’s construction department, agronomy department and contract farmers.
- Oversee the daily maintenance of the crop production operations necessary in producing high quality specialty crop(s).
- Inspect in the fields during all phases of the agronomy season and have continual follow up visits to assure the crops are growing accordingly.
- Provide personal consultation with company clients as needed and arrange for educational / promotional presentations as needed
- Generate and revise crop production manuals in collaboration with the manager, research agronomy.
- Assist designated staff members in selling efforts with dealers, specific customers, and prospective customers that need additional agronomic support / contact.
- Proactively promote and inform the Area team sales staff on current and potential upcoming agronomic issues that affect growing crops.
- Collaborate with the Research department on activities that support sales efforts.
- Assist other Agronomists with designated agronomic testing, training and sales projects.
- Perform field service calls, participate in area functions as requested, and evaluate product performance within designated areas
- Manage and report on Insect, weed & disease monitoring, Soil sampling & Soil moisture status.
- Crop budgeting, crop rotation planning and hybrid/variety selection recommendations
- Equipment calibration and precision Ag services (including GIS/GPS information)
- Perform other duties as may be required by the company.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelors Degree/ Diploma in Agriculture or related field
- 5-10 years’ experience as a Senior Agronomist in a large farm
- Experience with open field and greenhouse production
- Excellent skills in Crop harvesting; Fertilizers; Irrigation; Planting; Record keeping; Operative planning; Greenhouse cultivation; Vegetable production
- Should be business oriented and have demonstrated leadership skills, proven integrity, self-driven and self-motivated.
If you meet the above requirements kindly share your CV and salary expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org by 25th January 2019
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.