Career Vacancy : Cashier Job Description
Employment Opportunity : International Committee of the Red Cross Job Recruitment
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance.
It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles.
The ICRC’s Regional Delegation in Nairobi co-ordinates the institution’s humanitarian activities in Kenya, Tanzania and Djibouti.
ICRC Regional Delegation in Nairobi is recruiting an experienced, highly motivated and qualified person to till the position of:
Overall Responsibility: The Cashier is responsible of cash payments to staff, suppliers, daily workers, maintaining a daily cash control for petty cash replenishment and support to Finance and Administration Department.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Cash payments to staff, suppliers and daily workers;
- Maintaining a daily cash control and forward planning for petty cash replenishments;
- Follow up of salary, medical and working advances on a weekly basis, and ensuring periodic renewal of permanent working advances as per the ICRC financial rules;
- Monthly reconciliation and closing of cash book, including preparation of cash accounting monthly documents to be forwarded to the auditors;
- Support the Finance department for the cash forecast and Cash Requests;
- Support for banking and supplier management activities;
Minimum Requirements and Competencies
- CPA 1 (Certified Public Accountant) or ACCA 1(Association of Charted Certified Accountants) or equivalent;
- Two years’ experience in a similar position;
- Must be Computer literate;
- Experience in computerized accounting, preferably ERP will be an added advantage;
- Good knowledge of Online Banking Systems.
- Support to Finance and Administration Department operations;
The interested candidates should submit their applications on or before the 16th January 2019 at 4:30 pm with the CV, motivation letter, including references details, supporting documents (Certificates, Diplomas etc) and current and expected remuneration to
ICRC Nairobi Delegation,
via: E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The reference CASHIER 1 must be stated in the application to be valid. If you do not clearly state the position for which you are applying & attach the required diploma & other supporting documents, your application may not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ICRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. May the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to ICRC HR Department through the recruitment contact.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.