Career Vacancy : RTI International Job Description
Employment Opportunity : Communication Specialist Job Recruitment
RTI International is an independent organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition. With a worldwide staff of more than 4,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and a full spectrum of multidisciplinary services. Universities
in North Carolina founded RTI in 1958 as a centerpiece of the Research Triangle Park.
RTI has partnered with USAID on a 5-year cooperative agreement project, Kenya Crops & Dairy Market Systems (KCDMS) Activity, to help increase agricultural production and reduce poverty and malnutrition in Kenya.
The project is part of the Feed the Future program, America’s initiative to combat global hunger and poverty. The project will spur competitive, resilient market systems in Kenya’s horticulture and dairy sectors.
RTI is currently seeking to fill vacancies for the KCDMS project.
In this regard, we are currently seeking applications for the following position:
Communication Specialist – Nairobi Based
The Communication Specialist will oversee the internal and external USAID-KCDMS communication functions.
S/He will develop, and facilitate the implementation of KCDMS’ integrated communications strategy using a two-pronged approach including;
- Development Communications- design messages and Behavior-Change Communication strategies for multiple market systems stakeholders to promote increased technology adoption and innovations, good agricultural practice, improved nutrition as well as social inclusion.
- Corporate Communications-focusing on enhancing USAID-KCDMS’ increased visibility and credibility among key stakeholders.
- PR Communications (KCDMS’s increased visibility and credibility among key stakeholders)
- Communicate KCDMS performance by processing, packaging and disseminating a wide range of Information, Education and Communications (IEC) materials including county profiles, commodity brochures and reports among relevant stakeholders.
- Technical Documentation and Reporting: work in collaboration with component leads to edit, brand, and finalize KCDMS technical reports including but not limited to Bi-weeklies, Value chain analysis studies, quarterly and annual reports, and work plans.
- Knowledge management: Facilitate the development of USAID-KCDMS Information, Education and Communications (IEC) materials and effective dissemination of the same through the most appropriate channels.
- Maintain the USAID branding and Marking plan: guide teams internally and externally on the required USAID branding on a need by need basis while ensuring that the branding requirements are met.
- Maintaining the USAID-KCDMS photo database/video library: Continuously highlight the activity’s interventions through photography and video documentation.
- Documentation of success stories: Production of Snapshots for quarterly reports and success stories for wider dissemination to stakeholders.
- Events management: Support the teams to plan and execute both the internally initiated and industry driven events and guide on branding requirements.
- Grantee communications support: Provide communications support to onboarding grantees on a need by need basis to help achieve the activity objectives.
- Development of strategic promotional materials: work with the component leads, grantees and consultants/service providers towards the production of messages and tools targeted at diverse audiences and channels on a need by need basis.
- Media and publicity support: be a liaison for USAID-KCDMS media engagements.
- Digital communications: Provide support for social media visibility on approved platforms through consistent content generation.
- Contribute to the monitoring and evaluation, learning, and reporting process of the activity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, PR, Mass Media, Information Science or any other relevant course coupled with training Developmental communication,
- At least 4 years of relevant experience in the development space
- Experience in working with USAID-funded projects is an added advantage.
- Experience in designing and implementing communication strategies.
- Experience in media relations/management.
- Experience in designing, developing, branding, editing and disseminating communication materials to various stakeholders.
- Experience in managing digital communication platforms.
How to Apply
To apply, please email your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 29th January 2019.
Applicants must include the, POSITION TITLE and the project name ie (KCDMS Project) in the subject line of the email.
Please do not attach copies of certificates.
We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Please note: RTI International does not use agents or require any form of payment in the recruitment process.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.