Jobs for Study Nurses in Homabay & Siaya Counties Feb 2019
Vacant Position: Study Nurse
2 Posts to be Located in Homabay and Siaya County
Job Purpose: The study nurse will be responsible for recruiting and enrolling participants into the study in the selected facilities in Homabay County.
He/she will directly report to the assistant study coordinator.
Responsibilities and Requirements
- Counselling the study participant on pre-exposure prophylaxis
- Identifying the study participants to be enrolled in the study
- Collect data per approved Standard Operating Procedures and input into Android tablet system
- Conduct rapid HIV testing for study participants
- Counsel women on oral HIV testing, and provide instructions for oral HIV testing
- Counsel women on partner HIV testing, with oral HIV test kit or refer partners to clinic
- Counsel women on HIV and prevention of mother-to-child HIV transmission
- Submit twice-weekly summaries of recruitment and enrollment into the study to the study coordinator
- Participate in twice-weekly phone call with PI and rest of study staff
Qualifications, Experience, and Skills Required
- Must be registered by the Nursing Council of Kenya
- Must have a Diploma in Kenya Registered Nursing/Midwifery (KRN/M) or Kenya Registered Community Health Nursing(KRCHN)
- At least one year experience post-internship
- Excellent computer skills (Attach computer training certificate)
- Past research experience is an added advantage
- Excellent communication skills: Must be able to communicate to the study participants well and with PI via email and Skype
- Excellent skills with mobile technology
- Language skills: fluency in English, Kiswahili, and Luo
- Team player with ability to work closely with other study staff at the site
Applications must include the following:
- Completed online application form (CLICK HERE to access)
- Complete CV with 2 referees indicating their telephone contacts and e-mail contacts
- Relevant certificates and testimonials (MUST send these with the application letter via the email address)
- Practicing license
If qualified for the above post, please send your CV to the email firstname.lastname@example.org by 1st February, 2019.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.