Career Vacancy : Operations Director Job Description
Employment Opportunity : ANPPAN-S
OM Kenya Job Recruitment
Vacant Post: Operations Director
About ANPPAN-SOM: ANPPCAN-SOM is a legally registered body in Somaliland and Somalia. It is a non-government, not-for-profit and non-partisan organization concerned with status of children and women in general and those in need of protection in particular.
Since its establishment ANPPCAN-SOM has been working to realize child rights, promote their protection and fight malnutrition through its projects.
ANPPCAN-SOM has spearheaded efforts to create a sound child rights and protection among political players, policymakers, policy implementers and the general public through advocacy and communications.
The Operations Director will lead, direct and manage service and business operations across the organization. The post holder will work with local and external partners and be responsible for all aspects of service operations ensuring delivery of services in line with ANPPCANSOM and donors’ requirements achieving high quality and positive outcomes.
This is a new, senior role within the organization. The post holder will have wide ranging responsibilities for the performance and development of internal services and operations.
The post holder will work with the Executive Director, as part of a Senior Management Team, to implement the strategic plan and overall management of ANPPCAN-SOM ensuring the successful strategic development of the organization, including business planning, internal policies, procedures and quality standards, cross-departmental working and external relations.
The post holder will be responsible for the organizational management of all key internal systems for the effective operation of the organization, while supporting program staff in the delivery of an array of projects funded by multiple partners and donors.
This post will be full-time on a fixed term basis, with the aim of this becoming a permanent post. This is a unique opportunity for a talented Operations Director to play a pivotal role in the continuing growth and development of a child rights NGO and gain a wealth of experience working with a small, but a growing dedicated team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Operations Director will have the following tasks – all in accordance with ANPPCANSOM rules, procedures and standards:
- Oversee the overall organizational budgets to ensure the efficient operation of the organization and create a strong system for financial management and reporting for partners, facilitating the effective delivery of small, medium and large scale grants;
- Ensure effective and accurate financial reporting according to funder guidelines or donor requests, keeping excellent records of all financial transactions and manage any necessary spot checks, audits or due diligence as required by funders or by ANPPCANSOM board.
- Ensure effective and accurate financial resources management focusing on achievement of results;
- Support the development of effective fundraising proposals and grant bids, primarily through effective budgeting and review of organizational capacity to deliver planned programs;
- Review financial statements including bank reconciliation statements;
- Prepare and control operational budgets; and
- Recommend effective strategies for the financial well-being of the organization.
- Support the development of organizational structure and delegation of tasks and accountabilities;
- Ensure compliance with ANPPCANSOM rules and regulations for recruitment and human resource management including elaboration of job descriptions for required staffing;
- Assist in recruitment and placement of required staff;
- Ensure development of workforce plans including competency frameworks to meet the operational requirements of the organization and establish work schedules;
- Monitor and evaluate staff performance in line with required competencies and in partnership with the Executive Director; and
- Ensure efficient human resource management and general administration of the grants focusing on achieving results.
Strategic and Governance
- Oversee the day to day operations and administration of the organization;
- Cooperate with other departments for the development of a detailed strategic plan for the organization in collaboration with the organizational leadership;
- Play a crucial role in shaping the future direction and growth of the organization, through overall organizational budgeting, input into management meetings and ongoing refinement of the organizational strategic plan;
- Ensure implementation of effective internal controls such as maintenance of the internal expenditures control system;
- Report to the executive director on financial status of the organization and other key elements of operation on monthly basis and as required;
- Ensure all funding monitoring reports are accurate and submitted in a timely manner, including from sub-contractors; and
- Improve processes and policies in support of organizational goals;
- Formulate and implement departmental and organizational policies and procedures to maximize output;
- Monitor adherence to rules, regulations and procedures;
- Monitor, manage and improve the efficiency of support services such as IT, HR, Accounts and Finance;
- Facilitate coordination and communication between support functions; and
- Coordinate, manage and monitor the workings of various departments in the organization.
Procurement and Contract Management
- Ensure provision of efficient procurement and logistical services, and supervision of team focusing on achievement of results;
- Review terms of reference to ensure the quality of inputs to be procured and ensure procurement strategies including sourcing strategy, supplier selection and evaluation, and quality management.
- Monitor performance against targets and deliverables for all contracts including performance of any sub-contracting partners;
- Produce monthly contracts management reports for internal senior management decision making ;
- Conduct financial tracking and monitoring of timely receipt of contract incomes, execution and reporting (alongside the Finance Manager);
- Ensure contractual and regulatory (funding) compliance;
- Report contract performance trends and issues to project staff and to Executive Director; and
- Prepare other ad-hoc reports as requested by the Executive Director and funders.
- Uphold, demonstrate and promote the ethos and philosophy of the organization;
- Build excellent working relationships with other departments and staff of ANPPCANSOM, partners, vendors, suppliers and contractors.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Advanced University Degree (Masters or Equivalent) in Business Administration, Operations Management, International Development, Economics or Related Fields;
- 7 years relevant work experience, at least 5 of which involve similar senior experience of operational management of NGO or UN programs and projects;
- Substantive project operational management experience, including detailed working knowledge of finance, human resources, procurement, ICT, supply, asset management and logistics;
- A sound track record of experience in an international setting with international organizations, or similar context;
- Experience of managing financial resources;
- Computer proficiency, including working knowledge of MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Good knowledge of accounting, procurement and hr solutions soft-wares’ applications; and
- Language: Fluency in English and Somali definitely an asset, but not a requirement.
- Excellent communication skills, highly articulate verbally and in writing;
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and negotiating skills and experience;
- Well organized and capable of meeting deadlines;
- Workforce planning and development;
- Leadership to motivate a staff and volunteer workforce within a rapidly changing environment;
- Strong skills in finance and budget management;
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail; and
- Computer literate.
Lines of Reporting: The Operations Director will report to the Executive Director.
Applying for the Post
Interested applicants should send their full CV and a letter of interest to email@example.com and cc to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Suitable candidates will be invited to interview.
Closing date: 8th February 2019.
Interview: Weeks of 15th and 23rd February 2019.
Planned start date: ASAP and ideally no later than 1st March 2019.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.