Career Vacancy : Monitoring & Evaluation Officer Job Description
Employment Opportunity : Norwegian Refugee Council Job Recruitment
Norwegian Refugee Council
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer – Dadaab
(Kenyan Nationals Only)
Ref. nr.: 4012963258
Number of positions: 1
The NRC East Africa & Yemen mission is an expanding programme. NRC started its operations in Kenya in the refugee camps in Dadaab in February 2007.
NRC has WASH, Shelter, Education, Food Security and Livelihood and Information Counselling and Legal Assistant programmes implemented in the refugee camps in Dadaab and Kakuma.
NRC is seeking to recruit Monitoring and Evaluation Officer. The M+E Officer is responsible in oversee the overall design and implementation of monitoring and evaluation (M&E) systems and procedures and ensure that all aspects of M&E system are adhered to.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will report to the Area Manager – Dadaab.
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners/employees and to check that its partners/employees have not been involved in illegal activities. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
- Ensure compliance with NRC policies, guidelines and standards
- Ensure compliance with CC strategy, tools, handbooks, guidelines and standards project(s)
- Provide support in data quality control and in reports
- Provide technical support and capacity building towards project staff
- M&E specific technical responsibility for implementation of Data collection, management activities in relation to NRC projects
- Support programme team for reporting, data collection and in needs assessments
- Assess, promote and document ideas for technical improvement and further program development options
- Assist in development and administration of M&E and program data management system
- Support the implementation of appropriate SOPs for M&E in line with NRC procedures including confidentiality and data protection.
- Development of appropriate M&E databases to store, analysis and present relevant information.
- Support to process and analyse routine M&E data captured by NRC and partners staff such as beneficiary registration and verification, baseline/end line surveys, and Post Distribution Monitoring (PDM) surveys.
- Support in data quality checks and in reporting internally and externally
- Assist the Core Competencies (CCs) Teams to analyse data on needs and to standardise data and vulnerability analysis
- Work with the M&E Team and project staff at Area level to develop systems for capturing and managing data on beneficiaries as well as relevant output and outcome indicators.
- Assist Projects staff to develop templates for M&E data capture throughout the project cycle.
- Support in training for NRC and partner organisation on relevant aspects of data management.
- Assist in data audits to identify issues with data quality, reliability and relevance, and communicate problem areas to the M&E Coordinator.
- Support CCs staff at area level to create and maintain databases and spreadsheets that meet NRC’s M&E and donors’ requirements.
- Support in implementation of complaints and feedback mechanism in the area office
- Perform any other task assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- University degree preferably in statistics, economics, IT or other relevant discipline
- Minimum 3 years of previous job experience relevant to the function or in data management, statistics, analysis.
- Advanced MS Excel skills and experience of working with MS Access is required. Previous experience of working with SPSS, STATA, Epi Info and R is desirable.
- Candidates with skills and skills in salesforce administration will have an added advantage.
- Good understanding of data and information needs for programme management and decision making.
- Strong data interpretation skills, report writing, and data presentation
- Experience of providing training and capacity building to staff.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Proficiency in English is essential
Education field: Maths / Stats / Physics
Education level: College / University, Bachelor’s degree
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Positive and professional attitude
- Good cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
Duty station: Dadaab
Contract period is up to December 2019 with possibility of extension.
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions, The candidate will observe NRC’s code of conduct and working hours for the NRC Office in Dadaab
How to Apply
Candidates should apply on line by going through www.nrc.no.
Email and paper applications will not be considered.
- Location: Kenya
- Industry: Emergency Relief
- Special field: Monitoring and Evaluation
- Role: Middle / line manager
Deadline for application: 03/02/2019
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.