Career Vacancy : MSF Swiss Kenya Job Description
Employment Opportunity : Procurement Supervisor Job Recruitment
MSF Swiss Kenya Mission Vacancy
Medecins Sans Frontieres – Switzerland Kenya Mission
MSF Switzerland (MSFCH) is a humanitarian medical organization providing emergency medical aid to populations in need based in Dagahaley and Likoni, Mombasa Sub County.
Job Title: Procurement Supervisor
Work Location: Coordination Office, Nairobi
Start date: February 2019
Length of contract: 12 months fixed term contract (based on a 03 month probationary period)
The selected candidate will be reporting to the Supply Chain Supply Manager / Deputy Supply Chain Supply Manager.
Main Purpose: Planning and supervising the procurement activities for goods, transport, subcontracted works and services for the project and capital according to MSF standards and protocols in order to ensure a transparent and efficient procurement and supplier performance
- Planning and supervising the day to day procurement activities ensuring an efficient implementation of the procurement procedures in the project or capital, ensuring compliance to MSF standards and protocols.
- Regularly assessing the market for new suppliers to supply the recurrent needs of the mission and seeking products/services that offer the best value for money within the shortest timeframes.
- Negotiating prices and proposing new suppliers to be validated, developing and maintaining relations with different suppliers in order to ensure a stable supply of goods or services.
- Submitting and collecting quotations and tenders following the MSF purchasing policy and providing updates on item-supplier data, price, availability, quality and lead time.
- Determining the purchase planning according to the incoming requests or orders, product availability (shortages/surpluses), delivery times, budgets and other relevant factors.
- Coordinating and supervising the purchasers’ activity, managing the purchasing budget, and settling advances with the Finance Department.
- Performing delegated tasks according to his her speciality and as specified in his/her job description.
- Management and follow-up of international orders (medical & logistics) processed by MSF Logistics Bordeaux and MSF Swiss Geneva Headquarters.
- Management and follow-up of local purchases (medical & logistics) handled by Kenya Supply Unit (KSU), including justification and processing of KSU invoices.
- Responsible for database management that assures the intergrity of the data.
- Responsible for monthly supply purchasing data reporting.
- Essential technical diploma in supply chain
- Two years’ experience in purchasing (Previous experience in MSF Logistics Department and supply chain activities shall be advantageous)
- English and Kiswahili speaking
- Computer literate
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Stress Management
If you meet the above requirements, please send your CV, motivation letter on or before the 12th February 2019 to http://www.uhired.me/job/274
We apologize that due to the volume of application we receive; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
(MSF is an equal Employer and does not charge any application/recruitment or training fee)
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.