Career Vacancy : Risk Manager Job Description
Employment Opportunity : Risk Manager Job Recruitment
Our client is seeking to fill the position of a Risk Manager.
The successful candidate will work with the CEO to design, implement, and scale credit sales for a range of products.
These include farming inputs that reduce cost and increase revenues for farmers.
- Establish and maintain records of all costs of customer acquisition and after sales support
- Create reporting to meet requirements of management information, accounting, finance and impact KPI measurement
- Travel to farms and related partners around the country as required, to support pilot implementation and data collection
- Identify and report on the reasons for success, as well as any challenges in repayment
- Analyse all risks to default identified during implementation and recommend mitigation and monitoring strategies
- Identify and cost third party solution providers that could be partnered with to mitigate risks, and design internal solutions where no third-party product is suitable
- Formalize credit procedures to scale up, and produce relevant documentation
- Determine the human resources and technology need to manage the credit function at scale Develop the assessment and screening criteria for farmer selection
- Develop financial models for appraising farming project economics and cash flows
- Design credit terms suited to the company products, the value chain, and farmer capacity.
- Produce marketing material to promote and educate on credit sales
- Train credit sales staff to originate and onboard credit sale customers
- Produce and implementation plan for the credit pilots
- Establish and maintain records of loans outstanding
- Follow up with credit customers on repayment, as well as handle work-outs for customers at risk of defaulting on repayments
- Identify and monitor all risks that may increase the chances of default by a farmer
Skills, qualifications and experience
- A bachelor’s degree in finance, actuarial sciences, economics and business/commerce
- Experience at a financial institution with an asset finance focus in a credit related role in agricultural loans / smallholder farmers
- Knowledge of agriculture value chains, in particular in the horticulture sector; through either of university degree specialization, professional training or practical experience
- Project management experience including field work in rural areas; with responsibility for credit product development, running credit pilots, and scaling up
- Full professional accounting qualifications e.g. CPA (K), ACCA
- Experience setting up credit risk management processes and related documentation
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their detailed CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org with Risk Manager on the Subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.