Career Vacancy : General Manager Job Description
Employment Opportunity : Jumbo Chem Kenya Limited Job Recruitment
Jumbo Chem Kenya Limited is a manufacturing company offering quality solutions in insulation, acoustic, heating, ventilation air conditioning and structural products used in construction of buildings and packaging solutions for the flower and Removal industries.
They are the leading manufacturers of sustainable insulation products using the latest manufacturing technology from South Korea.
They are now inviting applications for dynamic professionals to fill in the following position in their Nairobi office:
Reporting to the Company Oversight Director, the General Manager will be responsible for providing effective operational leadership and management for the company.
- Formulating and executing the Strategic plans and ensuring that all financial and operational objectives are met or exceeded.
- Providing strategic advice to the Board so that they have accurate view of both the market and the company’s future
- Ensuring that company policies and legal guidelines are communicated from top down and that they are followed at all times
- Instituting and managing the budgeting process, aligning to company strategic plans and ensuring that set targets are achieved.
- Developing and implementing capital spending plans that meet the going needs of the business for facilities, equipment and productivity improvement
- Motivating, challenging and developing key leaders to driving a strong performance culture process improvement, delegating responsibilities and properly supervising the work of the management team
- Developing and implementing improved processes and procedures to promote increased efficiency, productivity and profitability in the company
- Developing strong distribution network and sales team to achieving exponential growth and developing a customer centric culture throughout the company
- Implementing and maintaining strong corporate governance, enterprise risk management culture and safety and health standards in line with the relevant law.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or any related field.
- Post graduate degree in Accounting or Finance or any related field is an added advantage
- Progressive managerial experience at a senior level in medium size companies for at least 5 years
- Knowledge and experience related to market changes and forces that influence success of a company
- Demonstrate strong skills in sales and marketing
- Demonstrate strong understanding of corporate finance and performance metrics
- Demonstrable experience in budget making, strategy formulation and execution to achieve results
- Experience in change management & implementation of work systems and structures
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment would be added advantage
- Must be 35 – 45 years of age
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to email@example.com stating the subject heading “GENERAL MANAGER” by Tuesday, 12th February 2019 clearly indicating their current and expected remuneration (MUST), daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.