Career Vacancy : ICT Coordinator Job Description
Employment Opportunity : SOS Children’s Villages Kenya Job Recruitment
SOS Children’s Villages Kenya (SOS CV KE) is an affiliate of SOS Children’s Villages (SOS CV) – International whose mission is to build families for children in need, help them shape their own futures and share in the development of their communities.
In Kenya, the organisation runs five Children’s Villages in Nairobi, Mombasa, Eldoret, Meru and Kisumu. SOS Children’s Villages Kenya also runs education and health programmes and works with local communities through Families Strengthening Programs.
We seek to recruit a suitably qualified person for the following position:
ICT Coordinator – National Office Nairobi
Key Functions of the Job
The ICT Coordinator is responsible for the design, deployment and management of the organization’s information communication technologies, end user systems, datacentre processes, databases, backups and storage architectures to ensure secure access and continued availability in accordance with the needs of the business.
S/he will undertake various duties which include but not limited to:
- Implement and update the National ICT strategy as well as all standards and policies in compliance with the Global SOS ICT strategies and various policies and standards for proper resources management.
- Prepare, review and monitor the annual ICT budget and plan of activity to ensure effective implementation of the national ICT strategy
- Provide leadership and advise the management team on ICT development and policy issues and their impact on the national association strategy in order to facilitate decision making.
- Work closely with the Regional and global ICT team to ensure that the national association meets the minimum standards for information communication technologies and applications and executes shared projects, initiatives and services to expected standards.
- Develop the capacity of the ICT team and end users through training and coaching to ensure that there is sufficient skill sets to provide and support ICT services to the organization.
- Manage relationships with role players and stakeholders in the ICT industry both internal and external to SOS Children’s Villages Kenya, for example software and hardware vendors, service providers, industry regulators and consultants.
- Develop, deploy and Maintain appropriate ICT infrastructure and connectivity solutions for the National Office and locations for secure, efficient and effective flow of information to facilitate operation and decision making.
- Develop, document and implement, test and review business continuity plan (Disaster recovery plan) in alignment with the national association disaster mitigation and management plans for ensuring high systems availability and business continuity.
- Establish appropriate operational procedures, tools and resources for effective and timely delivery of technical support to all users (National Association) that ensure high user productivity and guarantee customer satisfaction.
- Evaluate, plan, implement and maintain the assigned / relevant information technology and telecommunication system projects within agreed time, scope and budget constraints.
- Increase computer awareness and literacy among staff to enhance skills base and productivity.
- Take lead in disseminating, implementing and updating policies affected by ICT deployment including but not limited to child safeguarding (CS) and general data protection regulation (GDPR) policies of SOS CV Kenya.
Required Qualifications / Abilities
- Degree in Computer Science or other IT related degree. Post graduate qualifications in computer science or other IT related course will be an added advantage.
- Minimum five (5) years’ relevant experience in IT Operations in a busy ICT environment with thorough knowledge and experience in infrastructure management, databases & backup management, and enterprise controls and security.
- IT related certifications such as ITIL, CCNA/P, server and storage management
- Thorough experience in formal Software Lifecycle methodology and infrastructure design & administration.
- Proficiency in project management and ITIL is an added advantage
- Must have no criminal record and a demonstrated understanding of children’s issues and rights.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of people in remote locations and from diverse cultural, religious, ethnic and gender affiliations.
- Energetic, willing and positive attitude
- Excellent quality, attention to detail, & organizational skills
- Commitment to process of continuous improvement.
If you believe your experience, competencies and qualifications match the job and role specifications described; send your application letter(stating current and expected pay) & updated CV (with details of at least 3 referees one of which must be immediate former employer) addressed to the National Director to reach us on or before 16th February 2019 by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
SOS Children’s Villages Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and its Recruitment Policy addresses itself to the core values of best practice, diversity and equality.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.