Career Vacancy : Communications Manager Job Description
Employment Opportunity : Kenya at Living Goods Job Recruitment
Communications Manager, Kenya at Living Goods
Introduction: At Living Goods, we know the power of messages. Our community health workers teach mothers about infectious diseases, nutrition, hygiene and family planning, and provide critical access to treatment. Their messages are effective because they educate families and get them to act.
We seek a Communications Manager in Kenya to do for Living Goods what we do for families. We seek someone who can capture and effectively disseminate stories about our programs in Kenya and the Living Goods Corporate office which is based in Kenya, develop attractive and engaging collaterals and presentations, and position our work with key stakeholders through earned and social media.
As our lead communicator on the ground, you will also raise awareness about our work – and community health more broadly – at key forums and other public events, while helping to build our reputation as a stellar organization and an innovator. You will also support corporate communications efforts in partnership with our communications director, based in Washington, DC.
Your Charge: As our Kenya Communications Manager, you will help develop compelling success stories and other written materials (e.g. fact sheets, stakeholder reports, case studies) that elucidate our work and amplify our messages.
Through your writing and development of multimedia materials, you will connect people to the impact of our work and influence them to take action. You will help build the capacity of staff across the region to effectively support telling the story of Living Goods and the power of community health.
Develop strategy. You will work the Kenya country team and Global Corporate functions, in particular the Community Health Strengthening Team to create a communications plan for the Kenya and other countries that we might soon operate.
You will also work to build bridges to support internal communications, so that global messages cascade across various audiences, and important developments ladder up. You will regularly collaborate with our country-level business development, advocacy and program teams. Under the leadership of the U.S.-based Director of Communications, you will also work to identify new and innovative ways to document and publicize Living Goods’ work
Build the brand. We need you to expand the base of people in Kenya and globally that know Living Goods. Through videos, blogs, and photographs, stories, infographics, policy briefs and presentations, you will build both awareness and good vibes for Living Goods.
Generate media coverage. You will help grow coverage for both Living Goods Kenya and community health in targeted media outlets. Your efforts will include coverage in print, broadcast and digital media. In social media, you will increase our engagement on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc. You will also develop key Living Goods allies among the media.
Promote us. Through global health conferences and other events, you will help develop tools and materials to promote Living Goods. You will identify events in the region to showcase our work.
A website full of wonder. You will support the development of a new website for Living Goods and create content that positions us as a thought leader and key innovator in the field of community health, while reinforcing our values of inclusion, effectiveness, business savvy, and innovation.
- Write well and speak simply. You can distill a complex impact evaluation into key messages and a dense donor update into a readable report. You can take the rough points of a success story and weave them together into a compelling narrative. You know how to hook people’s attention and tell a good story. You have a love of good grammar and strong attention to detail.
- Communication creds. You have 7+ years of experience in communications roles – ideally a combination of nonprofit and private sector – in growing organizations. You’ve worked in multiple disciplines, like web, content, social media, and public relations. You have experience working on international development issues, and ideally some expertise communicating about health. If you have expertise with the Adobe Creative Suite (especially InDesign and Photoshop), it’s a big plus.
- Creating a solid plan. You have created communications strategies that align strategic, operations and advocacy teams and provide a comprehensive path to achieving our goals.
- Media savvy. You have a wide range of relationships with people in news outlets and the business press. You are comfortable writing for various social media platforms and channels and understand best practices for content creation and targeting key influencers. You have helped launch campaigns that generate media coverage.
- Culturally adaptable. You are eager to work with people from different cultures and sectors: the private sector, social entrepreneurial sector, nonprofit sector and public health community.
- Team player. You play well with others enjoy seeing the impact of our work as a team.
- Multitasker. You’re able to juggle multiple tasks at once while ‘keeping calm and carrying on.’ You think strategically, handle ambiguity and work well in a multicultural environment.
A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience including health insurance and bonus opportunity. The opportunity to be your best while making lives better for those in need.
Living Goods is an equal opportunity employer and will consider every qualified applicant for employment. Living Goods does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability.
Our current job openings are displayed on our website, where you can search for open positions and apply directly. Living Goods does not offer any positions without an interview and never asks candidates for money. If you are asked for money, we strongly recommend that you do not respond and do not send money or personal information.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.