Career Vacancy : Terre des hommes Job Description
Employment Opportunity : Logistic Assistant Job Recruitment
Terre des hommes (Tdh)
Job Title: Logistic Assistant
Reports to (Hierarchically): Logistic Officer
Number of subordinates: 0
Position Grade: F
Working time in %: 100%
Starting date: 15th February 2019
Length: 3 Months
Context: Terre des hommes (Tdh) launched its activities in Kenya in January 2011. Tdh provides support to children in Dadaab refugee camp and in Korogocho slums. Tdh also implements WASH, Child Protection, health and nutrition projects in Garissa County.
General description of the position: With the support and under the supervision of the Logistics officer Nairobi, responsible of the daily logistics management support of Nairobi office. Collaborate with other departments for the daily logistics support and follow up of logistics activities to support Tdh offices & programmes in Garissa county.
He or she will conduct his or her duties in respect of the Charter of Terre des hommes and the Tdh Child Safeguarding Policy. Terre des hommes expects that its employees’ professional conduct reflect proper behaviour in accordance with local culture and traditions.
Specific Job Descriptions:
Responsibility: Logistics and administration
Aim: To ensure proper Logistics & administration management of all project
- Ensure Nairobi office & guesthouse premises & maintenance is followed in good order (water, electricity, generator, painting, fencing and security etc.)
- Ensure good functioning of the Nairobi office & guesthouse equipment and maintenance.
- Provide support to programme activities through the provision of needed supplies small orders and to transport teams whenever requested.
- To adhere and respect of Tdh Lausanne and donor guidelines in all aspect of purchase policies and procedures, quality control and the delivery of the purchases to final destination.
- To follow up and support the LO Nairobi for the programme activities in Garissa County and Korogocho regarding Kilimani Office implemented purchases.
- To ensure appropriate and accountable documentation and filing of all purchase documents; PRs/RFQs, BID analysis, POs, DRs, WBs in close collaboration with the Logistics Officer.
- To carry out any other administrative support duties as requested by the Logistics Officer Nairobi or Finance / Administration officer.
- To ensure the good functioning of the Nairobi office vehicles in coordination with the driver.
- In coordination with LO & logistics staff to plan and organize vehicle movements between Nairobi and Garissa office
- To send to the Logistics officer Nairobi all Nairobi fleet management files; log sheets, fuel consumption on a monthly basis.
- To assist the LO in proper transparent stock management system In Nairobi office and provide monthly inventory and asset management report to Logistics officer, Nairobi.
- Provide monthly logistics report with supporting documents to LO or the Support Services Coordinator e.g. Fuel consumption reports
- Undertake all other duties that may be determined by the Logistics Officer Nairobi.
- Abuse Prevention Policy – Operational Risk Management
- Commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including: Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Code of Conduct, Whistle Blowing Policy
- Commit to ensure the best implementation possible of the Tdh Risk Management Policies
- Commit to inform supervisors and to deal with any cases, allegations, or possibility of transgression, even potential, of the Tdh Risk Management Policies.
- Diploma in Business, Logistics, supply chain management or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience.
- A logical and systematic approach to work
- Good time management ability
- The ability to solve problems and make decisions, as well as think laterally and offer creative solutions
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written, good negotiation and anyalytical skills.
- A positive attitude to continued learning.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well as part of a team
- Good computer skills.
- Fluent in English and Swahili
Only candidates that fit the requirements above are invited to submit a covering letter, CV, references, and copies of academic and professional certificates (if requirements are not met or application is incomplete, the application will not be considered).
The Application should be emailed firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kindly indicate the position on the subject line of the e-mail – only applications which will have complied with this request will be shortlisted.
Kindly note only applications sent to this email address will be considered.
Closing date for the application of this position is 11th February, 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for a written test and oral interview
Tdh’s recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protect children’s rights, which includes the prevention of all forms of child abuse.
Tdh is an equal opportunity employer.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.