Career Vacancy : NGO Nairobi Job Description
Employment Opportunity : Regional Finance Officer Job Recruitment
Job Title: Regional Finance Officer – NGO
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Our Client an NGO is seeking a Program Finance Officer who will be responsible for the financial management of select projects within the Client’s portfolios. Working closely with the program teams, the Officer will serve as the financial liaison to headquarters, regional, and country office staff as well as to Client’s donors and partner organizations.
The position’s main responsibilities include review of budgets, preparation of invoices and other financial reports, tracking of program expenditures, analysis of cash flow, and ensuring compliance with the Client and donor policies.
This position reports directly to the Regional Manager with a dotted reporting line to the Regional Operations Director.
- Serve as regional liaison between headquarters, regional and country offices as it relates to the financial management of various projects.
- Assist regional and country offices with the preparation of donor budgets and budget modifications. Ensure all budgets are consistent with the work plan.
- Prepare invoices, financial reports, accruals, and other financial deliverables. Journalize adjustments as needed. Track project expenses, burn rates, and cash received from the donor.
- Ensure budgets and other financial information are correctly represented in Client’s financial and project management systems. Maintain the hard and electronic file for assigned projects.
- Assist country offices in responding to audit requests from donors, developing financial management tools, and managing close-out processes.
- Maintain strong financial controls to guarantee compliance with Client and donor regulations.
- Review all grant agreements, contracts, and modifications for assigned projects in conjunction with Grants & Contracts unit. Review procurement requests and sub-agreements, and ensure that key processes are followed so that grant risk assessment receives consistent attention and direct support.
- Actively support the regional program team to prepare annual nutrition budgets.
- Minimum five years directly related work experience, preferably in finance or grant management, plus a Master’s Degree in public administration, finance, accounting, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Very strong interest in public health programs as well as the synergy between the programmatic, operational, and financial components of public health initiatives.
- Hands-on experience with US government funding required; knowledge of USAID rules and regulations strongly preferred; knowledge of the Africa and Asia regions is desirable.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively across cultures including:
- asking for information in a way that is very clear and specific
- conducting trainings for field office staff and in-country partners that will be well received
- interacting with internal and external colleagues
- Ability to prioritize workload, assume responsibility for work, and follow through to completion.
- Ability to perform duties that require a close attention to detail.
- Ability and willingness to work under pressure as a part of a global team, working in different time zones.
- Highly computer literate, including strong Excel skills.
How to Apply:
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their applications and detailed CVs with a day – time telephone number to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with Regional Finance Officer on the Subject line.
Candidates should indicate their Current & Expected salaries.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.