Career Vacancy : Chief Executive Officer Job Description
Employment Opportunity : Kenya Bureau of Standards Job Recruitment
Our client, Kenya Bureau of Standards (KEBS) is a statutory organization of the Government of Kenya established by the Standards Act, Cap 496 of the laws of Kenya in July 1974.
The mandate of KEBS is to provide Standardization, Metrology and Conformity Assessment services through promotion of standardization in commerce and industry, provision of testing and calibration facilities, control of the use of standardization marks, undertaking educational work in standardization, facilitation of the implementation and practical application of standards and maintenance and dissemination of the International System of Units (SI) of measurements.
In order to enhance institutional capacity to deliver strategy, KEBS is seeking to recruit exceptional leaders with high degree of integrity and innovation and ability to drive results to fill the following position:
Chief Executive Officer
Reporting to National Standards Council, the successful candidate will be a member and the secretary for the National Standards Council and will be responsible for driving the Bureau’s Vision, Mission and Strategy in line with the mandate as defined in the Standards Act Cap. 496 of the Laws of Kenya and for implementation of Council’s decisions to achieve the Bureau’s goals, objectives and agreed performance targets.
- Provide visionary leadership and direction to KEBS and ensure efficient management of staff and resources
- Lead development and Implementation of KEBS’ strategy, business plans and operating budgets in order to meet Country’s standardization, quality assurance, inspection, metrology and testing needs:
- Oversee planning and execution of KEBS’ technical programs and projects and ensure regular monitoring and evaluation of these programs to deliver superior performance;
- Safeguard organizations assets including prudent management of the organizations financial resources;
- Establish and maintain strategic partnerships with relevant stakeholders at national and International levels to ensure that the country remains competitive through standardization;
- Foster a culture of quality and performance that promotes high standards of ethical practices, good corporate citizenship as well as health and safety;
- Responsible for stakeholder management and enhancement of corporate image of KEBS: and
- Ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements for sustainable development.
- Be a holder of a Bachelors and a Master’s degree in any of the following fields; Engineering, Sciences, Technology, Commerce, Social Sciences, Education, Law, or any other related field from a recognized University;
- Have not less than fifteen (15) years of relevant work experience of which ten (10) years’ should have been spent in senior management:
- Possess a Strategic Leadership Development Certification or equivalent from a recognised Institution; and
- Certification In corporate governance from a recognised institution will be an added advantage.
Chapter Six Requirements
Candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 including:
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations:
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board;
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; and
- Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau.
How to Apply
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for any of the roles above, please submit your application including copies of your academic and professional certificates, testimonials and your curriculum vitae, including among other details your current position, current remuneration, email and telephone contacts of three (3) referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience.
CLICK HERE to log onto our e-recruitment platform for full details about this position and information on how to apply.
Email or hard copy applications will not be accepted.
Only those applications submitted through the e-recruitment portal will be considered.
To be considered, your application must be received by not later than 15th February 2019 addressed to:
Executive Selection Division
Deloitte Consulting Limited
KEBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and committed to diversity and gender equality.
Canvasing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Please also note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.