Career Vacancy : General Manager Job Description
Employment Opportunity : General Manager Job Recruitment
Job Vacancy: General Manager
Base Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Cadre: Management Cadre
Job Brief: General Manager to oversee all staff, budgets and operations of the Business unit. Responsibilities include formulating overall strategy, managing people and establishing policies. To be successful in this role, the candidate should be a thoughtful leader and a confident decision-maker, helping the Human Capital to develop and be productive, while ensuring the financial objective of the Organization.
- Oversee daily operations of the business unit or organization
- Ensure the creation and implementation of a strategy designed to grow the business
- Coordinate the development of key performance goals for functions and direct reports
- Oversee key hiring and mentoring, ensuring deliverance
- Sustaining current market position and growing market share.
- Creating business plans to support the company’s financial objectives.
- Supporting sales teams and key account managers in retention of existing clients.
- Defining long-term strategic goals and developing clear plans to implement them.
- Improving internal processes and ensuring employees work as a cohesive unit.
- Anticipate client needs and develop solutions to meet those needs. Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Accomplishes subsidiary objectives by establishing plans, budgets, and results measurements; allocating resources; reviewing progress; making mid-course corrections.
- Coordinates efforts by establishing procurement, production, marketing, field, and technical services policies and practices; coordinating actions with corporate staff.
- Builds company image by collaborating with customers, government, community organizations, and employees; enforcing ethical business practices.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Evaluate and decide upon key investments in equipment, infrastructure, and talent
- Ensuring Management Reports to the Board in time
- Responsible for the Profitability of the Unit
- Proven experience as a General Manager or similar executive role
- Knowledge of business process and functions (finance, HR, procurement, operations etc.)
- Experience in planning and budgeting
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Strong analytical ability and persistent business will to succeed.
- Planning and managing the company’s performance.
- Manage operations and processes within budget.
- Ability to enforce and maintain high standards, even under pressure.
- General and senior management skill
Education and Experience:
- Engineering Degree/Any Science Degree is Preferred. Post-Graduation in Marketing/Management is an added advantage
- Minimum 7 to 10 years of experience in similar role
- Candidate shall possess hands on Marketing Experience of Hardware/Building Materials/similar products in the distribution channel. East African experience is an added advantage
- Exposure to managing Factory operations is an added benefit
Interested candidates are invited to strictly email their cover letter and CV, to email@example.com before end of day 20th February 2019.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.