Vacancy Announcement: Country Director
Living Water Service Center (LWSC) an affiliate of Living Water International, is a Christian based Non-Governmental Organization that works in the area of WASH In rural vulnerable communities In Kenya.
LWSC seeks to recruit for the position of Country Director.
The country Director is an employee of the Board of Directors but is supervised by the Regional Vice President for East Africa on a daily basis.
The key responsibilities for the position are:
- Develop, lead and monitor the Country Strategy and AOP (Annual Operating Plan) aligning both the country’s program needs and regional and global strategies
- Identify and pursue fundraising opportunities for the country program.
- Develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders/partners/donors that facilitate the effective delivery of the Country strategy in alignment with global organizational strategies.
- Lead in the development of the WASH Program Areas (WPAs) providing sound methodological and technical support to ensure the use or correct methodologies and framework as per LWI policies, ensuring all program comply with LWI policies and procedures to the highest level of project quality and accountability
- Responsible and accountable for the budgeting, utilization and all financial resources allocated to the Country program
- Responsible for the Human capital Management and ensure that programs have the requisite Human Resource to deliver on its overall objectives effectively and efficiently.
- Serves as LWI spokesperson at key national forums (internal and External) and act as a guardian or the LWI brand in country
- Responsible for the implementation of the governance aspect or the organization in accordance to laid down rules and regulations by both government and LWI National Board.
- Act as the secretary to the board and will therefore be responsible for producing and keeping records of board deliberations.
The successful candidate will have the following knowledge and experience;
- Master’s degree in any relevant field.
- At least 10 years’ experience in senior management position preferably in an NGO set up.
- Visionary leader with demonstrated skills in management, financial management, networking and resource mobilization
- Demonstrated ability to deal decisively with complex situations:
- Strategic thinker with clear, comprehensive understanding of the link between operations and business strategy:
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills;
- Commitment to Christian ethos of development.
- Strong English language skills including excellent presentation and writing skills and fluency in Swahili.
- Willing and able to travel locally, regionally and internationally up to 35 per cent of the time.
Suitably qualified candidates are requested to submit a cover letter (one page only) explaining their suitability for the position and a Curriculum Vitae (no more than 5 pages) with details of qualifications and work experience including 3 references – professional and spiritual.
Living Water Service Centre is an equal opportunity employer.
Applications are to be submitted to: Kenya.firstname.lastname@example.org by COB 28th February 2019.
Please do not attach scanned certificates.
Should you be shortlisted. you will be contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date.
We encourage you to visit our website: https://www.water.cc for more information about our work.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.