Career Vacancy : M&E and Learning Officer Job Description
Employment Opportunity : M&E and Learning Officer Job Recruitment
Job Title: M&E and Learning Officer
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Gross Salary: Competitive based on experience
Reporting to: Training & Outreach Manager (TOM)
Our Client is a non-governmental organization focused on providing world-class programming and education expertise.
They are seeking to hire a M&E and Learning Officer (MEL) who will be responsible for providing technical and administrative support to project teams to ensure robust monitoring, evaluation, learning and reporting functions are defined and implemented successfully at the country level.
- Work with the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Reporting Coordinator (HQ) and TOM to develop and execute monitoring plans for project implementation and progress.
- Regularly engage in monitoring efforts by visiting schools, communities, and government offices
- Supporting monitoring efforts of teacher trainers including conducting site visits and classroom observations, data entry, and engaging with government officials.
- Supporting monitoring efforts of community and club team, including site visits to follow up on results of community action and club activities as well as data entry.
- Work with Cell-Ed partners to collect and verify data on mobile teacher training updates.
- Maintain an active database of all schools including location, training information, Learning Center usage, and other relevant data.
- With Project Director and TOM, periodically convene colleagues to reflect on experience to date and project monitoring data, and to identify innovative practices, key lessons learned and proposed adaptations to project design and plans.
- In conjunction with the Project Director and TOM, provide quarterly reporting, including quality stories and photographs, for the project in line with donor specifications.
- Regularly engage with Monitoring, Evaluation, and Reporting Coordinator for weekly updates on progress and challenges regarding M&E and for periodic ‘project learning’ reports.
- Support DLA participation in donor-led and wider education sector learning processes, in country and beyond.
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in social work, education, international development, gender or development
- Training and experience in M& E will be an added advantage
- Minimum 6-8 years of relevant experience, including demonstrated M&E, learning and reporting experience
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency with computers, data entry and Excel or similar spreadsheet programs in particular. Experience with data base management preferred
- Detail-oriented; willingness and ability to learn and adapt
- Demonstrated commitment to program effectiveness, impact, and learning
- Excellent communications, teamwork and organizational skills.
- Excellent cross-cultural, relational and interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen, and respect for partners and colleagues.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- Must be flexible, willing to work irregular hours, and adaptable to changing circumstances and demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Proficiency in English and Kiswahili required.
How to Apply
If interested and qualified, send your Cover Letter, CV, Pay slips quoting the job title in the email subject (M&E and Learning Officer) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 25th February 2019.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.