Career Vacancy : Clinical Officer Job Description
Employment Opportunity : hristian Health Association of Kenya Job Recruitment
The Christian Health Association of Kenya (CHAK) through its CDC funded CHAP Uzima Project is supporting the implementation of TB/HIV prevention, care and treatment interventions in 79 Faith-based and affiliated health facilities and 4 OVC Local Implementing Partners (LIPs) distributed in 19 counties in the Central, Eastern, Coast, Nairobi and Southern Rift Valley regions of Kenya.
CHAP Uzima is a five and a half years project (1st April 2017 to 29th September 2022) and is seeking to recruit the following positions to be based at the Embu Regional Office to serve the central and upper eastern regions:
Job Purpose: Ensure provision of high-quality HIV/AIDS services in supported facilities in Upper eastern and central regions of Kenya in accordance with MOH National Guidelines. This position is based in the project’s Embu office supporting health facilities in Nyeri, Kirinyaga, Tharaka Nithi, Meru and Embu counties. It reports to the Regional Medical Officer.
- Provide day-to-day technical support and mentorship of HIV program in supported facilities as per national guidelines.
- Oversee follow-up & care of PMTCT clients, HIV exposed infants, HIV infected children, adolescents and adults in project supported facilities.
- Prepare Work plans, programmatic reports, technical papers and manuscripts.
- Support Site Improvement and Monitoring Systems at facility level through onsite mentorship.
- Establish and strengthen quality improvement structures at the facility and regional level.
- Utilize data to inform quality of care and performance in supported facilities and provide requisite mentorship on use of data to improve patient management.
- Plan and provide technical assistance during joint supervision of HIV care and treatment with county and sub-county health management teams.
- Provide training to health care workers using the national curriculum and training manuals.
- Strengthen referrals and linkages between PMTCT and CCC.
- Participate in County HIV and PMTCT technical working groups.
- Implement required Monitoring and Evaluation activities for the program.
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
Qualification and Requirements
- Registered Clinical Officer with current license from the Kenya Clinical Officers Council
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in HIV care and treatment
- Willing to be based in Embu with extensive travel within Upper Eastern
- Good knowledge on Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Team player with great inter-personal skills
Application with CVs and atleast 2 references should be submitted by mail or email to the following contact;
The General Secretary
Christian Health Association of Kenya (CHAK)
P.O Box 30690, 00100, Nairobi
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Only the shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview and will be required to bring with them their original copies of National ID, academic certificates, professional registration license / certificate and other relevant documents.
The closing date for receiving all applications is 22nd March 2019
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.